chapter one: the day we met

I was in loved with him, but he didn't know my name. Sounds cheesy I know, but it was the truth. He was a popular kid and I was the girl who was to shy to approach him.

My friend went up to walk with me and smiled. Her name was Lauren, and she had the nicest eyes you could imagine. They glittered like the water in the Bahamas, with a happy gleam filling them. Lauren's hair was chocolate brown and she was basically the best friend you can tell everything to.

"So. Aria is having a party on Friday and I want you to come with me." She pointed to me and smiled.

In case I didn't tell you Lauren has a social life. A big one. So large I can't seem to keep up with it.

"Noo. I'm not in the mood, sorry."

"Roseee! Please? It is mandatory for an acceptable high school experience. Could you do it one night, for me?"

I hesitated, and soon said yes. But only to please my best friend. We headed to the restroom while on the way to lunch, and I checked if I looked okay. My medium golden brown hair glittered while my hazel eyes gleamed with insecurity. I situated my outfit, which was a simple gray shoulder length mid crop top and a jean skirt with vans. Sighing, I walked out the door with Lauren.

With my best friend and a freezer lunch pack, I walked to our lunch table. Without looking I fell into the big hands a tall, handsome guy. After being picked up in midair, I realized it was shawn, my crush.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I said, even though I was the one who was hurt.

"Why are you apologizing, i'm the one who ruined your skirt" he smirked.

I blushed and went to the bathroom
gushing and trying to wash it off with my friend Alexis.

"Wait, so he smirked?" Alexis asked with an eyebrow raise.

"I guess" I blushed even harder.
After being kindly teased by Alexis and Lauren, we walked out and headed to our classes.

So this is my first book and part and I apologize for a short chapter but I hope you like it! :)
- sarah