7: Undeadly Thirst

A/N: I personally quite like this chapter (Yes! For once, I acutally like one of my works ^^) So I hope you guys would like it too (:

Please remember to VOTE, COMMENT and FAN MEHH! ;D

Anyway, the most important thing is...

Enjoy! ;D

--- Chapter 7 ---

                ~~~ Cady’s P.O.V ~~~

                I snapped my out-stretched jaw shut, what the hell was I doing? Catching flies?

I shook my head to get me out of my reverie. I needed to focus on the main problem here. Lazarus has a fiancée who he had never told me about. I know I can’t compete with Mirella, she’s perfect. She had fair brown hair that dangled just above her curvy waist line, her shattering golden amber eyes glistened beautifully and her rosy pink lips were curved into a soft smile. The moonlight outside of the window seemed to illuminate her pale skin, making her look like an angel.

                Jealousy churned inside of me, sending dangerous rage to my pours. I concentrated on my breathing to calm me down but nothing worked; I was fuming.

                “Don’t worry, Cady. Mirella isn’t my fiancée.” Lazarus reassured me. Thank the Lord.

                “However, I wish I am.” A smirk tugged on Mirella’s wet lips. Now that added fuel to my anger. “I’m his slave though.”

                Confusion clouded my mind, “Slave? What do you mean by that??”

                Lazarus was about to answer my question but his jaw instantly snapped shut when Mirella cut into the conversation; b*tchy slut.

                “Each vampire has one slave but if you’re a royal…” She paused, looking over at Lazarus behind her shoulder smugly, “Then you can have as many slaves as you want.” She exclaimed, throwing her attention back to me. Eurgh, her voice was like daggers to my ears.

                “So you’re both vampires?” I curiously asked.

                Mirella rolled her eyes, “Of course…” She exasperated as if it was the most obvious fact in the world. Sorry for not being a vampire expert- hint the sarcastic tone.

                Many questions ran through my mind frantically, each one had the same large amount of curiosity behind it. As if Lazarus read my mind, he smiled at me gently. “I can tell that you’re intrigued, ask any question you like.” He said freely.

                I beamed cheerfully to myself and started with my first one. “Why do vampires have slaves?” I looked over at Lazarus, wanting him to answer the question. He seemed to notice but kept quiet, refusing to answer. But once again, Mirella spoke.

                “We feed them with our blood, obey their commands and fulfil their needs and desires.” She giggled deviously. Those words made me build up more and more steam boiling inside of me. Fulfil their needs and desires? Great… I bet I’m in love with a vampire who has aids. Wait, do vampires even get aids?

                “Anymore?” Lazarus’s unsteady tone abruptly zoned me out of my thoughts and back to reality.

                “Yeah… do mirrors affect you?”

                “Nope” Lazarus answered this time, his voice was so soothing and calm.

                “Holy water?”

                “Drinkable.” Mirella shrugged her shoulders.

                “Garlic?”

                “Fake.” Lazarus said sternly.

                “Noisy animals?”

                “Nada…” Mirella shook her head.

                “How about the sunlight?”

                “Witches Spell…” They both said simultaneously.

                My jaw dropped again in surprise, witches exist?!  “W-Witches?” I engulfed.

                Amusement flickered in Lazarus’s and Mirella’s eyes, obviously loving my facial expression. I bet I looked like a total idiot.

                “Yeah, this town is flooded with them, you just don’t know it.” Lazarus winked. I closed my mouth slowly and squealed quietly to myself. Then another question plopped into mind.

                “How about werewolves?” I muttered, chewing my lower lip.

                “They exist too however there aren’t any here. Vampires and werewolves are mortal enemies. Most of them are in Spain.” Lazarus affirmed. Mortal enemies- Hmmm, figures.

                 I nodded obediently and a smirk curled upon my lips, “Do you think we can meet a witch?”

                “Sure!” Lazarus smiled smugly as if it was as easy as that. “Mirella would arrange the whole thing; we can go tomorrow after school.” Fireworks immediately blasted off in my stomach, happiness ran through my veins. I guess this dinner isn’t the worse dinner anybody could ever have.

                Mirella was about to protest but she snapped her mouth shut, forming a pout but nodded. Like she said: slaves have to obey their masters. “I will arrange it now Lazarus.” She confirmed and evaporated in mid-air.

                Leaving Lazarus and I in sheer silence.

                _____________( The Next Day )_____________

                I stowed my unwanted books away in my metallic locker and retrieved the ones that I needed. Classes seemed like a blur today; I looked around and saw posters pinned up on bulletin boards. Something about a dance that everybody was so excited about.

                 The shrill of the school bell abruptly pushed me out of my reverie and indicated me that school was over for the day. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I smiled cheerfully, already knowing who it was. I turned my body to see the same memorising crystal blue eyes. Lazarus.

                 “You ready to go?” He smirked softly, lifting up his arm for me to take.

                “As ready as I’ll ever be.” I replied, giggling and took his arm.

                I thought we were going to take a vehicle there but I was stand corrected. Once I made contact with his arm, a gust of wind surrounded us. Strands and streaks of my hair blew against the strong breeze. I shut my eyes tightly, not daring to look at what was happening to our surroundings. I felt a scream building up my throat but it somehow got caught in there, not able to escape.

                Once I felt we were finally still, I fluttered my eyes open softly to see myself in front of a dark hollow door. It took me a few minutes to collect myself and register what had just happened. I couldn’t believe I actually evaporated in mid-air with a vampire! It’s not like you see that as a daily routine.

                “You ok?” Lazarus smiled over at me. He looked so sexy and adorable when he does that.

                “Yeah…” I let out another deep breath in response. “You?” I muttered under my heavy breaths.

                “Yeah.” Lazarus stole my reply to use it as his own. He then nodded as he clenched his hand into a fist and firmly knocked on the door.

                Seconds later, a middle-aged woman opened it and her lips twisted into a comforting smile. “Lazarus, it’s good to see you again.” She greeted.

                “You too, Aubrey.” He replied in a cheerful tone.