twenty-eight

Tuesday, August 3, 2012

"I got it." Harry mumbled, standing up from the couch to go to Jacob who was crying.

I leaned back on the worn out couch and let a breath fall from my lips, closing my eyes. This is the third time Jacob has woken up in the past four hours and I now realized how hard it was to be a mother. Even with the help of Harry, I'm so exhausted and I can tell that he is too because of countless restless nights. I pulled myself up from the couch and grabbed the empty boxes of Chinese take out to throw away before turning the television off. I threw away the boxes and flicked the lights off, making my way to Jacob's room.

"I'm gonna hop in the shower real quick." I said and Harry looked up from the crib before nodding with a smile.

I walked down the short hallway and to my bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I turned the shower on and pulled my t-shirt over my head, kicking off my leggings. I peeled off my underwear and bra, grabbing a towel from the cabinet. I stepped into the shower and let the hot water relax my tired muscles. I washed my hair, wanting to get out and go to bed as quick as I could and sleep for the longest amount possible until Jacob woke us up. I quickly washed my body and shaved my legs and under arms before getting out of the shower.

I wrapped the towel around my body and caught a look of myself in the mirror. My eyes were sunken in from exhaustion and I looked thinner than I should. It's like I've been so tired that I can't even eat. I brushed through my hair and ran a towel through it before brushing my teeth and taking my contacts out. I slipped my glasses on and tightened my grip on the towel, walking into the bedroom. Harry was sitting on the bed, scrolling through his phone. He looked up as I walked in and smiled a little making the heat rise to my cheeks. I grabbed a large t-shirt, some shorts, underwear and a bra, going back to the bathroom to change. I took a deep breath and put the clothes on, trying to get my cheeks to quit blushing. I went back to the room and sat down on the bed, setting my glasses on the bedside table. Harry turned the light off and I got under the covers, turning away from him.

"Evie," Harry whispered and I hummed, not opening my eyes. "Do you still hate me?"

"I've never hated you, Harry." I said quietly, not really wanting to have this conversation when I was half asleep.

"You've barely been able to look me in the eye since December." He mumbled and I sighed. "Please talk to me, Ev."

"I can't just erase what happened." I turned over and Harry was watching me with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry." His voice broke and tears filled his eyes, making me frown. "I could have tried harder to stop him."

I watched as Harry slowly started crying and he turned away from me, his shoulders shaking as sobs wracked his body. I scooted closer to his large frame and wrapped my arm around his muscular torso, holding him close to me. Harry grabbed my hand and held it to his chest, sniffles leaving his nose and I pressed a kiss to his tattooed shoulder. He turned around and my face fell at the tears that were streaming down his face.

"Every time I try to sleep, all I can see is you laying on that damn table. And that will haunt me for the rest of my life. I love you so much and I screwed up and I can't fix it." He sobbed and I ran my fingers through his hair

"Harry, babe, it's okay." I whispered and he sniffled as I wiped the tears off of his face. "Don't cry." Harry nodded and wiped his face off, taking a deep breath.

"I don't want to be broken up anymore." He said quietly and a small smile fell on my face. "I just want to be with you."

Instead of answering, I leaned closer and hesitated before pressing my lips to his. It took a moment but Harry quickly reciprocated the kiss, his hands going to the side of my neck. I held onto his torso and Harry held me closer to him, moving to hover over me. I let out a shaky breath into his mouth as he ran his hands up my shirt, latching onto my breasts. I tangled my fingers in his curls and Harry kissed down my jaw, pulling my hips up into his. I quietly moaned and he tugged my shirt off, tossing it to the floor along with my shorts.

"Harry, please." I breathed out and he gave me a small kiss before sliding down my body.

I gasped when he bit down on the inside of my thigh before licking over the bruised area. Harry pulled down my underwear and pressed kisses to the inside of my thighs before his mouth attached to the place where I needed him most. I moaned, my legs going over his shoulders and he held my hips down. I let his hair slip through my fingers and I gripped the sheets next to me as my high approached. Before I could release, Harry stopped his movements and came back up to face me.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked, lacing my fingers with his next to my head and I nodded.

Harry slowly slipped inside of me and I winced, not used to the stretch since giving birth. He kissed me, almost as if trying to take the pain away, and I nodded so he pushed in and out, creating a slow rhythm. Harry groaned quietly and leaned his forehead on my shoulder, biting down to suppress his moans. I drug my hands down his back and he released a shaky breath, grabbing my waist to pull me closer to him. I arched my back, our chests of pressing together, and wrapped my legs around his waist, letting him thrust at a deeper angle.

"I love you so much." Harry groaned and I felt my release wash over me.

"I love you too." I moaned and he finished, falling onto me, his weight holding me down.

"So much."