Chapter 33

“Is she okay, nurse? Please help her! Is there anything wrong?” Tiffany questioned the nurse shaking her arm back and forth. 

Tiffany had taken Taeyeon into the nurse office where Taeyeon was placed on a bed in a private room.

“Calm down. She just has a high fever because of standing in the rain.” The nurse answered Tiffany. “Here, let her take his.” The nurse said handing Tiffany some medicine. “After you give her the medicine, you can take her back to her room. And just to help it even faster, place a cold towel on her forehead.” The doctor commanded to Tiffany and left the room. It seems though there were a few other students who need to be taken care of.

“Here, take this.” Tiffany said as she gives Taeyeon the medicine and a glass of water. After Taeyeon took the medicine, Tiffany took the glass and handed to the student aid standing there. “Let me take you back to the room.” She said then carried Taeyeon on her back to her room. 

Tiffany ah, why do you still care about me so much? You shouldn’t be nice to someone who has hurt you as deeply as I have. Taeyeon thought as she’s being carried by Tiffany half awake.

Luckily the rain she stopped and it was easier for Tiffany to carry Taeyeon back to the room. It takes her about 10 minutes to reach the room. She quickly but lightly set Taeyeon down on the bed. “Stay here, let me go get you a cold towel.” Tiffany stated then walks towards the bathroom. A moment later she came back with a cold towel and placed it on Taeyeon’s forehead. “Okay, now rest. I won’t bother you anymore.” She stated then stood up from the bed when she felt a grip on her wrist.

“Don’t leave…” Taeyeon said softly as if it was a whisper.

Tiffany turned around and gave Taeyeon a smile. It wasn’t her ordinary hyperactive smile. Nor was it her happy smile. It was a smile of agreement to Taeyeon’s request. Tiffany sat back down on Taeyeon’s bed. “Okay, sleep, I’ll stay right here.” She said soothing Taeyeon to sleep as she brushes Taeyeon’s hair with one hand and held Taeyeon’s hand with the other.

After two hours of resting, Taeyeon wakes up and finds Tiffany sleeping next to her, still holding on to her hand. She attempted to get up but was unsuccessful. Feeling movements, Tiffany wakes up.

“Taeyeon, are you okay now?” Tiffany asked then seeing Taeyeon nodded she smiled. “Do you want some water?” She asked again. After Taeyeon nodded, Tiffany gets up and brought back a glass of water. Before handing it to Taeyeon, she blows the surface of the water and said, “The nurse said not to drink cold water. This is a bit hot, so be careful.”

After drinking some water, Taeyeon looked at Tiffany and said, “Thanks Tiffany, for taking care of me. And sorry, I couldn’t go with you to the movies.”

Tiffany chuckled. “No problem, we’re friends, right? And it’s okay. I wanted to go to the movies because I thought I was going to be bored, but you kept me company.” She replied with a smile on her face.

“Kept you company? All I did was sleep.” 

“But I had fun watching you sleep_” Tiffany blurted her thought out. She knew she shouldn’t have said that and quickly covers her mouth with her hand. 

“Watching me…sleep?” Taeyeon questioned shifting her eyebrows. 

“Sorry Taeyeon, I left you the whole day today.” Yuri’s voice was heard when the door suddenly opens. “Tiffany? What are you two doing?” She asked staring at the two on Taeyeon’s bed.

“Nothing!” Tiffany shouted. “I’m going back to my room now.” She stated then headed towards the door. And before she went in the bathroom, Tiffany turned around and stared at Yuri. “Don’t tell Jessica.” She added.