Chapter 5

Sam opened her eyes, wondering why her pillow moved up and down like it could breathe. Then she realized that she was lying on Luke's chest. She stiffened a bit but quickly relaxed when she knew that he was still sleeping. She tried to look at the digital clock on his bedside. It was six in the morning. She could sleep a bit more, it's Saturday, she could wake up late, she thought. 

She adjusted herself to lie more comfortably, her head snuggled further onto Luke's chest. She placed her arm across his tummy. She tilted her head up to check if Luke was still asleep, she could see his peaceful expression. His jaw muscles twitched then relaxed again.  

Sam has admired his face for quite sometimes. She knew that Luke was drop-dead gorgeous but she's never had a chance to see his handsome features thoroughly. He had long lashes for a man, his nose looked so proportional, not big but not too pointy. His slightly thicker lower lip was moist and closed perfectly, and his roughly shaven beard and strong jaws defined his masculinity. His wavy hair locks fell stubbornly across his forehead, Sam brushed those locks back and he groaned. He tightened his arm across Sam's body. "Don't go . . . ," he mumbled. 

"I won't," Sam whispered and she felt him loosen his grip. His thumb rubbed slowly against her upper arm and Sam's heart started to jump. How a simple touch could drive her crazy like this. 

She didn't know what was getting into her when she decided to tilt her chin up and kissed his lips. It felt soft and inviting. Luke responded her kiss slowly and it began to move more vigorously. He groaned again and he flipped his body forward to pin Sam down under him. 

Sam opened her eyes in shock, "What have I done!" She pushed Luke's chest away from her and quickly slid herself out from underneath him. 

Luke went backward and he opened his eyes. 

"Uh, what's wrong?" he looked confused. He seemed as if that he didn't realize what he was doing, he must think it was just a dream. 

"No, nothing. I . . . I . . . need to go to the bathroom. Go back to sleep, it's still too early to wake up." She rushed to the bathroom and locked the door. 

She could hear Luke answered, "'Kay . . ." 

Her heart was beating so fast that she thought it would jump out from her mouth. 

"What was that about?" she asked herself. "He's in love with someone else. He's in love with another woman." She looked at herself in the mirror. Her blonde hair was a mess, she didn't wear any makeup, she looked so ordinary, so plain. Compared to the girls that he used to hang out with, she was nothing. She didn't even take care of herself well. Her eyebrows were thick and messy and her skin is so pale. She didn't have time to go to the beach and tan herself or get a fake tan that her colleagues and models usually do.  

Luke, on the other hand, always looked handsome and well groomed. He stood straight and tall, ready to face the world. He's easy going and has lots of friends. He's confident and trusts himself completely. Suddenly, Sam felt her eyes warm and her chest hurt, making it hard for her to breathe. 

"What's wrong with me?" She quickly wiped the tears that fell down her cheeks, brushed her teeth, and washed her face. She then tied her hair up and got into her jogging attire. She wanted to jog around the mansion to cool herself down. She looked at Luke and she saw him lying flat on his tummy, sleeping soundly. She smiled slightly, he must have had a strange dream before. 

Sam went outside the gate and started to jog when she saw Pops walking in front of her.  

"Good morning, Pops!" Sam said cheerfully. 

"Ah, my beloved Sam. Finally you decide to go out from that underground gym and get some fresh air?" Pops replied. 

Sam laughed out loud. "I think so."