Chapter 7

"This is an awesome month. I can't believe that Mr. Russo bought Manu's agency. They will be here on level seven tomorrow." Rosa's voice raised in excitement. "We will be flooded with pretty people. Before, there was Luke, now Manu, Jose, and the rest of the pretty clan will be here too. I can't wait! They will be down here making coffee in this kitchen and have chitchat with us." She clapped her hands; her beautiful brown almond eyes sparked with joy. 

"Good for you, Rosa. You will be here with smiles first thing in the morning." Sam laughed at her enthusiastic comments on the changes of their company. 

"Same happened to you too, Sam. I noticed you looked happier when Luke's around." She elbowed her softly. "I can't believe you two were playing along with the drama that I started. I love to see Gina's face."  

"You're as crazy as always." Sam grinned. "We can drive her mad this time, and I am really keen on it." 

"It's amazing how the girls still flirt with him even though he said he's married." Rosa shook her head in disbelief.  

"Well, he's a Russo, who doesn't want a relationship with the only heir of the richest man in the country? Besides, Luke loves to flirt too." Sam sighed in disapproval. 

"I don't think he did. I saw him sitting quietly on his desk. The girls are the aggressive ones. They come over all the time," Rosa defended Luke. "Just like your first day here, remember? The guys from finance came here often to talk to you?"  

Sam shook her head, reliving her nightmare. 

"But everyone can tell. You two have chemistry. They were already gossiping about both of you. Too bad only me got invited to your wedding and know your secret." Rosa pouted.  

Slowly, Sam poured milk to her coffee and smiled, as she recalled Rosa's teary eyes when she saw both of them doing the first dance. Sam only trusted Rosa, she's been a good friend since the first time she joined the company few years ago.  

"What do they gossip about?" curious, Sam asked. 

"Oh, usual stuff, he's hot, you're hot, both of you should make a baby together." 

"Oh my god," Sam grunted. 

"But seriously, some of them already predicted that you will have an affair with him." 

"Seriously?" Sam looked at her, shocked. 

"Yes." Rosa replied. "I've told you, you two have strong bond toward each other, just like magnets. The way he looked at you. Some of the girls already stumbled down in their own romantic fantasy about you two." 

Sam just smiled in amusement, unconsciously eying the kitchen door, expecting Luke to come, she suddenly missed him. A few seconds later, he was there, walking in his dark turtleneck and charcoal suit, looking dazzling as usual, just like a model from their catalogue. 

"I am sorry, Sam, but I have to tell you that I am still mesmerized by your husband," Rosa whispered. 

"Tell me about it." Sam giggled. "Good morning, handsome." She greeted him rather loudly when she saw that Gina had walked out from the restroom. 

He blinked in surprise before smiled at her. "Good morning, Sam. Morning, ladies." Luke then answered some girls that greeted him. Slowly he walked toward Sam who leaned on the kitchen's bench and brushed her arm with his. He reached up for a mug, leaning toward her who didn't bother to move aside. She could smell his familiar aftershave, she looked up at him towered next to her. She saw his strong clean shaved jaw and the side of his masculine face. The view from her angle made her knees went weak.