I Couldn't Save You

Roy's POV
The spear had cut him, forcing Fullmetal to cough up a bit of blood. He looked at me. "Yo-You know Ba-Bastard...it-its...weird." He began. "I-I've protected yo-you twice....an-and did a-a better jo-job at pro-protecting you tha-than yo-you did pro-protecting me..." Fullmetal explained. He fell into my grasp. "Fullmetal!" I gasped. He looked at me weakly and as he was smiling, a small trail of blood on the side of his mouth. "Thank you Colonel....for everything." "I love you Roy." He added. I looked at him in confusion, but Fullmetal pulled me close to him and gave me a gentle kiss before I could reply.  He stood up and weakly turned toward the traitor. 'That's the first time...Fullmetal has actually called me Colonel....' I thought. Suddenly, it all clicked. Ed and I were together.
We were happy.
And now it's all gone.
I looked up when I heard an explosion. My eyes widened in horror as I realized what happened. "EDDDDDDDDD!" I yelled. "ED!" I repeated. "ED!" The only left of him was a part from his red jacket. Tears gathered in my eyes. "Ed..." I whimpered. "N-No..." It landed right in front of me, as I saw an image of Ed smiling. I'd never get to see that again. "Awe~. He died." Mia said sadly. My eyes widened and I growled. I glared at her. Mia laughed. "Guess you didn't get your happy ending after all." She continued. I was grief striken. I had lost the most important person in my life. To my own stupidity. I clenched my fist angrily. Mia continued laughing at me. "You damn bastard!" I yelled, snapping my fingers so many times. "Rot in hell!" I screamed again. Mia screamed in pain. "Now you know how he felt! Except your death will be a lot quicker!" I exclaimed. I fell down on the ground as tears rolled down my cheeks. "Look at this mess Colonel Bastard!" I could hear Ed yell if he was still alive. I stood up and grabbed the last part of Ed's coat close as I sobbed. I heard clunks from armor and foot steps. "Colonel Mustang! You're alright! Where's Ed?!" Hawkeye exclaimed. I turned around, showing them the scrap from Ed's coat. "Wheres my Brother Colonel....?" Al asked, his armor shaking. I looked down at the ground. I couldn't stand to tell Alphonse what happened to Ed was my fault. "Ed is...gone..." I said, my voice cracking. "N-No..." Al whimpered. He stood up and ran past me. "My Brother can't be dead! Its not possible!" He shouted. "Al wa-" "Chief, just let him go." Havoc said. I nodded. "Okay." I was completely lost without my blond haired lover. I missed him. I ached to hold him again. To tell him that I love him. I wanted to tease him to. But I can't. Because my golden haired lover is dead. And that fact broke my heart.
Al's POV
As I ran, I passed an auto mail arm. "Brother?" I asked. I pulled the hand and gasped in horror.

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE A GOOD ONE TRUST ME. I FELT LIKE IT WAS APPROPRIATE TO HAVE THIS SCENE HAPPEN. BUT TRUST ME. THINGS GET BETTER.