Lies

"Okay so what is up with you hanging out so much lately?" Grace said as she pointed her fork at Ashley and me. I could feel my palms start to sweat, how do they know we are with each other often? I start to panic. I feel Ashley's hand on my leg as a signal that she will handle it. "What are you talking about, I have too busy lately to hang out with anyone. Besides why would I only hang out with her and not the rest of you guys? It is not like we are dating." Everyone starts laughing and I did an awkward laugh. "Okay, we were getting a little worried that you guys were getting tired of us. Anyways, what are you guys doing tonight?" Sam said. "I am busy, got some stuff to work on around the house." I said, I was really good at making excuses now, I look at Ashley, "I am busy too. I have to babysit my little brother." They all sighed, "Fine we will just go do something without you." Ellie said. The bell rang for the next class. "Come on Ashley, we can walk to our next class together." I said and we left. I dragged her into the janitors closet. "I don't think that I can do this anymore. I can't keep lying." I say, she looks at me and kisses me, "We can do this, just one more semester and then we can tell them. I can tell you aren't ready, now I need to get to class that is at the other side of the school. You okay" I took a deep breathe and nodded my head. "Okay, let's go."

"Pick you up at seven, and we can go get pizza and see a movie." I said to Ashley as we were walking out of school. "Sure, what movie?" "It is a surprise." I laughed as she punches my shoulder. I got to my car and said bye to Ashley. When I got home I see my mom sitting on her chair reading the newspaper. "Hey honey, I need you to do stuff around the house before you go anywhere tonight." I sigh, "Okay, but I have to pick Ashley up tonight at seven." "Okay sweetheart, don't stay out too late. And no kissing boys." She looks up from her paper when she says that. "I promise that I won't" I said as I walked up the stairs to my room. I knew she was just kidding and she thought that I was. I haven't told her yet, I am just too scared. I can risk losing my friends but not my family. I hope that when I do tell them that they will accept me and that they support me no matter what. That is my number one wish.

I honk my horn twice to get Ashley's attention and opened my phone. No new notifications, oh well I don't need to be texting anyone because I am supposed to be busy. Ashley opened the car door and got in. "Ready?" She asked me. "Yeah, I just had to check my phone before I started driving." I pulled out of her driveway and headed to our favorite pizza place, Cheesy Kate's. When we got in our seats I got this weird feeling in my stomach, I looked around. Nothing different was happening. "What do you want girls?" Our waitress Hailey was a good friend at the pizza place, and she is the only person that knows about my secret. "Oh well, I think we will have our usual." She wrote our order down and smiled,"What movie is it tonight?" I smile, "Well I know that her favorite movie is The Notebook and they are screening it tonight." Ashley grabbed my hand, "Aww, babe. That is so cute of you. I love it." She leans over the table ad kisses me. " Oh excuse me ladies but I have to take care of those customers and I will come back and talk." I look over at who the customers were. My stomach tightened, it was Grace, Ellie, and Sam. "Oh no, I think I am going to have a panic attack, I am having a panic attack. What are they doing here! I didn't think that they knew this place existed. Oh my God." I look up and see the same amount of panic on her face as me. I grab the Menus and fold them in front of our faces. "I thought that you guys were busy." I felt my face go pale. They pull the Menus down. I shoot a panicked look at Ashley. "If you guys don't want to be friends anymore then you should have just told us." I opened my mouth but no words came out. "We're dating!" I hear Ashley say really fast. I shoot her a look of "I am going to kill you". "Yeah, nice try, we all know that is just a dumb excuse." They all nodded there head. I was a little hurt that she said that. "Oh yeah?" I lean over the table and kiss Ashley. I back away and look at Grace's face. She looked shocked. "Now if you don't want to be our friends anymore then you can just walk away and let us enjoy our date." I said to her. "Why would we not want to be your friend?" I looked down. "Scoot over and share that pizza." And we enjoyed the rest of the night.