The Truth

I look in the mirror, ugh, why can't I be pretty? "Maggie, hurry up! I don't want to be late for school." I hear my sister scream. I am in senior year and I still don't have my own car. "Okay! I will be down soon, just need to grab a few things." I grab my favorite black beanie and sunglasses. I run down the stairs and feel in my pocket, no phone! I run upstairs and look on my bed, it was right there, I almost had a panic attack. I run back down and hop into the car. "You have everything you need?" My mom says in her sweet soft voice. "Yeah, I think I do, or at least I hope I do." I said and looked down at my phone, I had a new message from my best friend Grace. I smiled and opened it.

Grace: You know, you aren't a good friend unless you bring me some coffee.

Me: Well, I guess I am a terrible friend because I don't like coffee and I don't have any.

Grace: Yeah, you are the worst friend ever! Why do I still hang out with you? I could probably be popular if I didn't hang out with you!

Me: And I would be very lonely and sit by the garbage to eat lunch. Sounds like a good deal, let's stop hanging out.

Grace: lol garbage eater, see ya at school! :)

I put my phone down smiling. She has been my best friend since 1st grade, she put gum in my hair and I smeared glue on her face. Boom! Instant friendship. We don't keep anything from each other, except I have one secret that has been bothering me since 8th grade, I like girls. I have been think of the right time to tell her but I don't know when. We will be in college next year but I want to do it before that. I realized I liked girls when this girl thought I was gay, I didn't know at that time, and we were hanging out and I noticed something was weird. I look over and she kissed me, it took me by surprise but I liked it. She stopped and looked at me. I must have looked stunned, "What's wrong?" I just sat there, "Nothing, I just never been kissed before. I never thought of kissing a girl." She looked hurt, "Sorry I thought you were-" I stopped her there with another kiss. We are still dating but my friends don't know. Her name is Ashley and she is very nice and funny. We always go on dates and tell our friends we are busy when they ask us to hang out on those nights. I did try kissing a boy after the first kiss to make sure, I just didn't feel a spark and that is when I knew I was gay.

         I arrived at my school and said goodbye to my mom. I walked in and found where I meet Ashley and Grace. "Look. It is garbage eater." Grace said as I walk toward them. "Haha very funny. Did you guys study for the math test today?" Both of them shake their heads, "Good me neither, we can all fail together."  The bell rang and we all headed to our first class, math.