Homecoming

Homecoming is in two days and I still have not picked out a dress. I really don't like wearing dresses but I have to since I don't want people to know about me. Oh wait, they do. I can wear whatever I want this year. Oh, I can finally wear a vest and tie with out feeling like people will know my secret. I will feel so much better this year. I walk into Grace's guest bedroom, which is my room for now. I lay down on the bed and close my eyes. I woke up ten minutes later to Grace knocking on my door. I get up and answer it. She comes in with the biggest smile on her face. "What's with the smile?" She starts to blush, "Hunter just asked me to go to homecoming with him!" She grabs my arms and starts jumping up and down. I laugh, "Only because I am paying him. Do you know how expensive you are." I wink, "I better be expensive! I am a work of art." She said laughing. This homecoming is going to be fun.

                                        "Are you sure my tie is straight?" I said nervous. "About as straight as me." Grace says with a laugh. I look in the mirror and mess with my hair. Grace grabs my arm, "Come on! You look beautiful. We need to go if you want to pick up Frankie." I sigh and grab my keys. We head down the stairs, "You guys be back by eleven." I hear Grace's mom say.  "Okay, Mom." We head out the door and I start the car. I was so nervous, about as nervous as my first homecoming. It is my first one with Frankie, that might be it. We pull out of the driveway and the closer we got to Frankie's house the more my stomach felt like it was falling into a pit. I pull up to her house and get out of the car. I get up to the door and take a deep breathe, I put my hand up and knock on the door. I hear shuffling on the other side and finally the door opens. "You must be Maggie, we have heard a lot about you. Frankie isn't ready yet, would you like to come in?" I look back to the car and she Grace nodding her head. "Yes, I would love to come in. Thanks." I walk in and sit in the dining room. I wait for a few minutes then I hear her coming up the steps. I turn and look at her, she looked absolutely beautiful. She was wearing a long pink dress and black heels. Her dark hair back in a curly, loose bun.  I smile and so does she. "Shall we?" She says and holds out her hand. I grab it and we head out the door. We are on our way to our first homecoming. 

                                  We walk in and hear the music. "Tonight is going to be a fun night." I said as we head to the snack bar. That is usually where we hang out during these dances. twenty minutes in there was a slow song. I see Grace and Hunter dancing together and I smile. I always thought that they would be perfect for each other. The whole dance was fun. The DJ announced the last song and it was a slow song. Connor Thresh came up to me, "Were is your date? Couldn't find a girl? Maybe that is because it isn't right." Before I could say anything Frankie steps in. "Her date is right here. Now if you will excuse me, we would like to go dance now." She grabs my hand and brings me to the center of the dance floor and we start to dance. "Are you sure you want to do this? People will know." I saw looking around and seeing people looking at us. " I don't care. As long as I am with you." She leans in and kisses me. We pull apart and smile, our foreheads together. This was the best dance ever.