4 First Encounters with a Lasting First Impression

The CASTINGS: Chapter 4 First Encounters with a Lasting First Impression

Adrian's POV

My phone rings and the familiar tune of We all Roll Along by The Maine plays.

"We're alive and we drive to the center of it. Where we know we're all fine and this just can't be it, And in the end we all know we only breathe for so long. So tonight's the night, we all roll along..."

Ahhh...  sweet music to my ears.

I was humming and jamming along to the song and banging my head in different directions.

"Adrian, just answer the goddamn phone!" and there goes mom's sweet voice, I thought sarcastically as I rolled my eyes.

"Hello?"

"Whaddup mah brotha, where are ya and watcha doin?"

"Alex, drop the gangster act."

The trying hard to be a gangster dude who called me is my best friend, Alex or Alexander Harrington.

We've been best friends since our diaper days. Our dads and moms have been bestfriends since grade school, therefore, making us bestfriends too, but he was more of a twin brother to me. That's how close we are.

"Nah man, don't you go tellin' me what to do and what not to do." Alex said in a sassy voice.

I laughed.

I haven't heard from him in weeks, it's probably cause of his new movie that's shot 4-5 hours away from here. He was casted as a gangster in this movie; thus the gangster act I am currently experiencing over the phone.

"For a second there, you thought I was some gangster out to car-nap your Aston Martin, huh?"

I bet that he had that smug look on his face.

"Not really, and you better work on that act of yours." I said.

"I'm gonna ignore that. So back to my first question, where are you and what are you doing." He asked.

"You sound like an over-protective girlfriend." I mocked him

My mom eyed me accusingly.

Oh shit she must think I'm gay.

"You're damn right, I am. You're my bitch and I ain't dealin' with your bromance shit anymore once I find out that you're cheating on me with some slut. You're gonna regret letting go of this hot piece of ass." He said, using his sassy voice again.

"Are you sure that you're supposed to be a gangster in that movie? Cause you act better as a bitc..." I trailed, looking over at mom with her eyebrow raised.

"girlfriend." I corrected.

That was close.

"As your whore, I demand to know where you are and what you're doing." Alex said.

"If you must insist, i'm going to this town near here with mom, just down south, near Blue waves shore. Green, Blue, heights something ridge?"

Blue waves shore is the beach me and Alex usually surf, dive and party at.

"I know that town!! On one side its called Blue Ridge Heights cause that's where the beaches are, and on the other side it's called Green Ridge Heights cause of the forests there." Alex explained.

"Yeah that one, how'd you know? we've never really crossed the other side."

"Well, I'm there right now so why don't you drop by on set, pick me up, let's go to some club and partaaay."