Chapter 2

I walked up to the gates and my long red hair flew in my face. An Asian guy opened the gates and closed keeping walkers out but in those two seconds I made it in.

"Drop your weapons!" Asian said. I did as he said and dropped them. In the process I dropped to the ground and put my hands up. My head fell and I looked the ground, I felt like crying but I'm not a baby.

Suddenly a whole group of people surrounded me. I looked up long enough to see a boy about my age looking at me. I felt my cheeks get red and I drooped my face down again.

"Who is she!?" A crazy looking cop said.

"I don't know! She just appeared outside the gate walking in and dropped to the ground!" Asian sounded scared of crazy beard cop guy.

"Who are you with!?"

"Nobody..." I mumbled I was even more scared than Asian guy.

"Speak up!"

"Nobody" I said it proudly looking up.

The dirt on my face was getting in my eyes.

"Please let me stay." They all huddled for about twenty minutes. Now I need to pee! Come on!

"Welcome to the group said crazy beard cop guy said helping me up.

"Not to be a burden but I need to pee!" They all stifled they're laughter until redneck guy spoke up.

"Hey Carl show the pretty lady to the bathroom." Carl was the cute kid looking at me.

"I'm Emily, nice to meet you." I kept walking he wasn't talking at all just looking down red faced with anger.

"Um is this it?" He nodded.

"Thank you." I walked in.

I washed my hands face and arms, I look disgusting! I limped out. I guess I didn't notice I was limping.

"Hey," Carl said looking at me walk out while leaning up against the door frame. He waited for me aww so gentleman-like.

"Um hi thanks for waiting." He blushed like crazy when I pointed out his nice act.

"Yeah thought you'd get lost unless I waited. I'm Carl by the way, sorry I was being rude earlier. I'm just mad at my dad." Dad? Who is his dad?

"Dad?" I'm confused! Wait is redneck his dad? Maybe Asian guy!

"Oh yeah! My dad is the one who yelled at you." No! Not crazy beard cop guy!

"Oh cool, my dad is dead." Did I just fucking say that. Every thing is awkward now!

"Oh sorry about that." He hugged me! Wow he is such a caring gentleman.

"Oh, um thanks..." He let go and blushed. My face also was burning like a gas fire.

"Hey you must be tired. You can sleep up in the guard tower. I'll show you up, here take these." He handed me some pillows while he grabbed some blankets.

We made it up without dying.

"There, um... Goodnight." He started to walk out until I grabbed his arm.

"Um will you stay here tonight I'm... Um .... Scared." I looked down embarrassed and red faced.

"Yeah sure." He plopped down on the blankets and took off his hat showing his beautiful shaggy brown hair and his perfect blue eyes. I could stare at his blue orbs all day if it wasn't creepy. I took of my necklace and my hat. His hat looked like mine but mine was a tan color and his was a brownish black, and mine looks good with red hair.