The Silver Edge

Chapter 1

"Rose you need to hurry up! Unless you want to show up late you need to rush, its crunch time!" I heard my father yell from downstairs.

I woke up late but I needed my image to look just right, in case I were to meet my mate.

See here's the deal, every year there is a party and different packs hold it each year. It is mainly for 18 year old teenagers that haven't found their mate yet. In our time and age werewolves have been growing tremendously and it gets difficult to find your true mate. Some cannot find their mate and in order to prevent the population to decline we hold this party. This year the party is being held at the Night Star Pack, they're 4 hours away from our pack, the Amber Moon Pack. Normally we would leave at 1 pm and get there at 5 pm just right on time for the party.

Our ancestors made it a law that neighboring packs had to stay at least 3 hours away because they wanted to prevent territorial wars within packs.

I looked around my purple room in a rush searching. I saw exactly what I needed sticking straight out of a mountain of clothes. I grabbed my make-up bag and purse then ran down the stairs. I was wearing a simple white lace dress with white flats. I had my brown hair half-way pinned up and in soft curls. Hey what can I say? If you're going to meet your mate for the first time wouldn't you want to look your best?

Most of the girls were downstairs by the time I got there. I saw my friend Kayla and walked towards her wearing a huge smile.

"What? I know that smile. You're up to something Rose I know it," she gave me a questioning look.

I jiggled my make-up bag in her face. "Will you let me put some make-up on you before we get there?" She shook her head and gave me pleading eyes.

"Please Kayla?! It'll be a natural look. Nothing fancy I promise." I crossed my heart so she knew I was serious.

"Okay fine." She gave in reluctantly.

"Girls! We are leaving so Rose and Kayla start heading outside. They are going in the first car with me and," My father paused and search the room for a body guard. "Jerald! You will be driving for my car. Also in the car should be two other boys that are Rose's friends." As you can tell my father ran everything around here but what other Alpha wouldn't. Yes you heard right I'm the Alpha's daughter.

All of the girls piled into the cars that were designated to them. All of the cars were either gray or black 2014 4Runners. My father likes to have everyone in the same car to prevent others from feeling like they aren't important. Most were with their friends. I would've normally had 4 more friends but they already found their mates.

Once Kayla and I got into the car I saw Mike and Oliver in the third row. "Hey guys," Kayla and I said in unison.

We all patiently waited as my father went to each car and checked that everyone was here. It took about 15 minutes until my father came back to our car. We took off as soon as he shut the door.

"Are you nervous?" I heard Mike ask, I turned around to see Oliver twiddling his thumbs.

"Nah bro, I got this." Oliver punched Mike's arm. I laughed and glanced at Mike. He had rolled his eyes at Oliver but he seemed uneasy.

"Mike what's wrong?" I asked and noticed his forehead a little damp.

"It's nothing." He looked out the window.

"It's just, what if she doesn't like me? Or worse, I'm the only one coming back without finding her. I just have a bad feeling something is going to happen and it's not going to be something easy."