Chapter 9 (Halloween)

(An; I will be doing a playlist from now on. Today's chapter is Just The Way I'm Not//All Time Low. I'll tell you when to play it
Edit: Another An; Halsey is going to be Alex Gaskarth's best friend not Josh for story purposes)

It is now Halloween, my favorite holiday. It's the one day in the year that you get to be you and no one can judge you for it. Me and Josh are dressing up as Jack and Sally, from my favorite movie; The Nightmare Before Christmas. In these past 6 months, I've gotten to know the boys a lot better than when I first met them. Tyler is a surprisingly nice person, and we work together like brother and sister. Me and Jenna have been hanging out a lot more, and it has been nice actually having a friend who loves me for who I am. My phone starts playing Friend, Please, and I instantly pick up.

"Hey Jenna what's up?" I ask, excited to talk to my best friend.

"Okay. So we're throwing a Halloween party at Jack's house today, but Josh and Tyler don't know. Will you come help us set up but keep it on the down low so they don't find out." She says, knowing I'll agree to her idea.

"Sounds great. I'll be there in 10." I say, knowing Jack and his best friend Alex's house is just down the street.

I put the finishing touchings on my costume, and head to the kitchen for a snack on the road. Probably some Snowballs or a Mounds bar.

"Where do you think you're going young lady?" Josh says, staring at me with his intimidating brown eyes.

"Damn." I say under my breath. "I'm going shopping with Jenna. I'll be back in a few." I say, smirking knowing he'll fall for it.

"Sounds good, love. I'll see you later." He says, then kisses me on the cheek.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I arrive at Jack's house, I immediately go and give him and Alex big hugs. I've gotten close to a lot of the guys that are at the house, including Pete, Joe, Brendon, and Dallon. There's only one or two I haven't met, with one of them I instantly recognize as Halsey. We all prepare and decorate the house in thousands worth of decorations. It's almost 9 when Tyler and Josh arrive, and everyone is already pumped up. We baked a big cake that says "Stay Spoopy" for tumblr. Jack and Alex have set up a mic, a drum set, a base and an electric.

"Hey guys, what's this" Tyler says, nervously giggling.

"Broooo. We're throwing a Halloween bash. We've even got Halsey!" Alex says, excitedly. Halsey's actually pretty cool. Her and Alex have been best friends for a long time, and I feel like they're low key dating.

*Start playing Just The Way I'm Not now

"Hey bro, are you going to show off for your girl?" Josh asks, nudging him.

"That's how I got Sarah" Brendon says, laughing.

"Do it do it" Dallon, Pete and Joe join in.

Rian starts the beat on the drums, while Zack and Jack pick up the rhythm after a few seconds, with me automatically recognizing the song. Brendon, Tyler, Patrick and Halsey sing along with Alex, and everyone starts dancing.

When it hurts, it hurts
We wonder if it's worth it
But when it works, it works
And when it's broke, it's perfect

Josh looks me dead in the eye, and sings to me

Whoa, I never to seem please you
No, don't you ever let me go
I know your heart is shut, shut, shut
Don't you know nothing's gonna change us?
No, all because I like you just the way are
And you like me just the way I'm not