Chapter 5

I woke up to a soft tap on the shoulder. My eyes fluttered open coming face to face with Janet.

"Come to bed April. You've been up all night. It's two in the morning just come to bed," she said softly as she rubbed her eyes.

I just nodded immediately submitting. I was too tired to protest anyway. Getting up Janet led me to the bedroom on the tour bus where my clothes were. After pulling my hair up into a loose bun I grab some pajamas and undergarments to take a quick shower. I then enter into the restroom and turn on the water waiting for the water to warm up. Closing the door I strip out of my clothes and step in letting the warm water caress me like a warm blanket in the winter.

After washing my body quickly I then step out of the shower turning the water off to dry myself. I lotion my skin and then slip on my clothes. Gathering my dirty clothes I put them away before heading back to the kitchen area to shut off my computer. 

That's when everything really hit me. I was going to be sleeping in bed with Janet Jackson. Me, April Marie Daniels, will be sleeping next to the one and only Janet Jackson. The same Janet Jackson that kissed me years ago. The same woman that has me questioning my sexuality, and has had me questioning it for seven years now.

No biggie right? It's just like sleeping at one of my friends houses. Right? I was knocked out of my thoughts by her soft, velvet voice. 

"What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost or something." 

I plastered a fake smile on my face and said, "Oh nothing I was just thinking about something."

I then yawned feeling quite tired. 

"Come on I know you're sleepy from all of the work you've been doing." She smiled motioning me towards the bedroom. 

I nodded walking inside the room and getting into bed. I laid facing away from Janet as I felt her getting into bed also.

She turned off the lamp and laid down. My heart started to pound. It was like a rhythm of a never ending song. I closed my eyes and tried to control my erratic breathing, but it didn't work. 

What was this woman doing to me? 

It's barely been a week and she has this affect on me. It's really irritating.

Then for some reason I wanted to be close to her. I wanted her to just pull me close in her embrace and keep me warm. I mentally scolded myself for feeling that way. 

My body tensed up as I felt her move closer behind me. Her warmth engulfing my body entirely as this tingling feeling came over me. It didn't feel normal, but it felt right.