Chapter 13

I woke up to the shining sun and Toni staring at me.

"Good afternoon sleepy head," She smiled.

I smiled back slowly lifting up in bed. I didn't know me coming over to hash things out with Toni would end up with me butt naked in her bed.

"Good afternoon," I replied.

Toni then pulled me in closely to her. It was so comforting and I was finally at ease, but Toni and I both know that we will never get back together.

"Toni you know this is the last time this will ever happen right?"

"Yes now shush. Let's just enjoy it right now in this moment."

And that's what I did. I layed there in her warm, comforting arms dwelling in this peaceful silence.

__

Since I didn't have a show for this whole week I stayed with Toni until it was time for me to leave. All of the time we spent together really helped somewhat mend our relationship. I really did miss her.

We caught up with each other's lives and other important things. I'm really happy I listened to April. Toni and I came to terms with just being friends. We both knew it wasn't going to go further than that, but I was okay with it.

"So I guess this is goodbye," Toni said to me as we both stood on the porch.

I pulled her into a loving hug.

"No this is see you later," I corrected pulling away.

She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Bye Toni," I said turning and walking away.

"Goodbye J," she whispered, but it was loud enough for me to hear.

I got into my car, started the engine, and drove away. I let down my sunroof letting the warm sun and wonderful breeze engulf me.

I smiled as I passed by a field full of dandelions, and for the first time in ten years I could feel my heart mending itself.

__

It was now six in the evening and the crew was chewing off my head asking where Janet was. I knew Janet was gone, but not exactly where she had gone to. I was starting to get irritated with all of the damn questions.

I mean damn I'm not a freaking person who can just track down where someone is. I sat on the sofa in the living room watching TV when I heard the door opening.

Janet then walked in with a smile on her face. I looked at her tilting my head.

"Someone's happy," I laughed.

She giggled too pushing my shoulder as she sat down on the sofa next to me. I turned my head back towards the TV watching 'Cupcake Wars'.

"Aren't you going to ask me how everything went," She asked as she leaned her head down on my shoulder.

"Nope," I said popping the p.

"Judging by how happy you are I can easily interpret that things went well, and I'm happy for you," I added eating some popcorn.

We sat in a comfortable silence watching the show.

"Thank you," she said lifting her head looking at me.

"You're welcome," I replied smiling.

She looked at me quizzically tilting her head.

"What," I questioned.

She didn't say anything as she leaned forward our lips centimeters away.

Hello remember Nadia?! Yeah your girlfriend! Now snap out of it!

I was in a trance like state until Nadia popped into my head. I pulled away standing.

"April I'm s-" I stopped her.

"Janet it's fine. You don't have to explain."

I smiled down at her.

Good job April! You handled that well!

I mentally patted myself on the back.

"Now get up and get dressed. We at least have to do something since it's the last day before your show tomorrow and we're back on the road."

She smiled nodding as we both retreated to our rooms to get dressed. Twenty minutes later we were both ready and heading to the elevator. Then I remembered I left my cell phone on the living room coffee table.

"Janet you go ahead I'll meet you in the lobby. I left my cell phone in the room." She nodded and got on the elevator.

__

I was relieved and disappointed when April played the awkward tension off. I don't know what came over me. It just felt like an in the moment thing. While April went back to the room to retrieve her phone I pressed the ground floor button.

Once the elevator reached the lobby floor I got off. Walking towards the lobby I could hear two people arguing. A voice sounding shockingly familiar.

"You're sleeping with around aren't you?" Joey hissed.

"I don't have time for this Joey," The unfamiliar voice huffed.

"What do you mean you don't have time for this? You're my fucking wife whose sleeping with someone else and you don't want to talk about it," He yelled.

"No because you were the one who agreed to an open marriage, and now you're mad at me. And what am I supposed to do when you're gone for damn near a whole year? You know what...I'm not about to do this with you. This conversation is over," The woman said as I heard heels clicking coming my way.

I hurried and hid in the restroom nearby peeking through the slightly cracked door. My eyes grew wide clearly seeing the woman who Joey was arguing with.

Comment

&

Vote

Pic of Nadia in mm.