Chapter~5

• Dedicated to Connie Sands

LOUIS'S POV:

It's only been one short hour since our plane had taken off. I had another eight agonizing hours to go. There was nothing I could do but sit there and wallow in the pain of how I'd failed Emma. I was absolutely disgusted with my self. Words couldn't describe how sorry I was and would probably never be able to make up for what I had done. I rested my head on the back of the seat and gazed out the window. My eyes began to grow heavy and I dozed off.

“Louis. Louis?” I heard Emma's sweet, soothing voice fill my ears. I turned as she put her hand on my cheek. I gazed into her enhancing, green eyes.

“Emma..” I whispered.

“I'm here Lou.” I buried my face in the crook of her neck and her delicate curls tickled my skin.

“I'm so sorry....I wasn't there for you when you needed me most.” I sobbed lightly as she stroked my hair. "I don't want anything to happen to you, Emma, I love you." 

She gazed at me with a soft look and warm smile, "I love you too, Lou."

“Louis, Louis!” I heard someone yelling my name as they shook me. My eyes fluttered open to Harry, “What is it Hazza?”

“You were crying...so I thought I'd wake you. Is everything alright BooBear?”

“No, not at all.”

“Want to talk about it?”

“Not really.”

“She's going to be okay, mate, she's very strong. It can't be too bad, I'm sure she'll pull through.” he said with warming eyes as he rested a hand on my shoulder. My expression didn't change, I sure hope he was right.

“Thanks, Harry.”

“Anytime, if you want to talk, I'm here.”

~*~*~12 HOURS LATER~*~*~*~

EMMA'S POV:

I was walking through a beautiful forest with eminent pine trees and a immaculate blanket of snow on the ground. I wasn't sure why I was here or how I got here. Or why the hell I was wearing shorts and no shoes with snow on the ground, but oddly enough I wasn't cold, not one bit. I saw someone running ahead of me, but they were to far ahead for me to recognize. “Hello?” I yelled, but they just kept running.

I began to run as fast as I could not paying the damp grass lapping at my ankles any attention. I wanted to find out who this was and why they were running. I lost sight of the person for a quick second until I reached a crossroads intersection. There wasn't a car in sight. I now saw who the person running was...Louis? He stood on the other side of the road opposite of the woods I had just exited. “Lou?” I said as I slowly walked towards him, but I stopped short in the middle of the four-way when there was no answer. I furrowed my brow. He just started at me with a blank look like I was a ghost that he couldn't see.

Emma!” I heard a distressed voice yell from behind me. I turned to see who it was and why they were shouting at me with such vigor and urgency. There stood Justin, Justin Coy...my ex. “Justin?” I whispered. I heard the horn of a semi-truck and I looked up. There was a huge truck with a roaring engine coming straight for me without even slowing. I tried to run to get out of the way but my feet were planted, glued there. I yelped in agony and threw my hands up and let out a scream.

My eyes shot open just before the truck smashed me into forever oblivion. I was in a hospital room, wondering what had happened.

“Emma?” I heard a familiar voice whisper excitedly. I looked over into the those familiar blue eyes. I tried to speak his name, but couldn't there was something attached to my mouth and I felt something like a tube in my throat. I tried to move my hand to the unfamiliar thing on my face, but it wouldn't budge. My body ached as pain shot from my arm that I tried to move. “Take, it easy, babe.” Louis said as he stoked the hair from my eyes. I tried to speak again, I was getting very frustrated. I let a tear slip down my eye I wanted t know what the hell was going on, why I couldn't speak or move my own body.

My mind began to slip away from me and I felt my body began to shake violently. I heard a loud beeping noise and Lou screaming my name, “Emma, Emma! No, babe, stay with me. Your going to be okay. Please no. I need you! I love you!” That was the last thing I heard: the sound of his antic voice and three little words I had been dying to hear from him. I then slipped away and let my body fall numb, not knowing what would happen to me next. I was glad to be out of pain, but I couldn't just leave him like that. I had to get back to him, somehow. Had too.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I know it sucks....and sorry about the shortness of the chapters :/. Hope you guys aren't too unhappy with me about this. I will update as soon as I can. Exams this week..blehhh! but I will try to get the next chapter posted soon. Love you all my carrots!!! song for Chapter~5 5 Seconds Of Summer "Beside You".

Love, Deanna xx