04-First Dirty Look

I'm still deciding if I want to hire a design team or not for a cover and trailer?..is anyone interested in making movies or covers? Let me know :)

Also, how do you like the story so far? I love to hear your feedback!
Without further a-do, here is the next chapter!

/////////////
We made into the place which had the 'heaven burgers' with thankfully not having to get hit or pulled over.

We both walked in to the burger joint and walked up straight to the line of people waiting to indulge in food. This place was just like a 70's diner. It had tiled floor, white cushioned chairs, red stripes, tall circle chairs, and their palm tree logo on their ordering table.

The only thing that confused me was the fact that there was barley anything on the menu. The menu literally said Double-double, hamburger, cheeseburger, fries, shake, and a list of fountain drinks. That's it.

"What do you want?" He asked while were the second in line.
"A cheeseburger?" I asked still in shock how it only has five things on the menu.

He smiled looking over at me, "I know there's barley anything on the menu but trust me, it's good."

I smiled slightly back at him before it was our turn to place our order. We walked up to a teenage boy who seemed around our age and looked at Derek, "Hello, welcome to In-n-out. What would you be having today?"

"Uh," Derek seemed to tense at the cashier. Does he know him personally? "Hamburger and fries with an added vanilla shake." Derek said with an edge. What's his deal? He can't say 'May I' or even 'Can I get', it's common courtesy.

The teenager nodded his head while pressing buttons on the computer and turned towards me, his mouth gaping a little bit before shutting it again quickly. Weird.

He turned his body towards me, "W-what would you like?"

"Cheeseburger and a strawberry shake please."

"Anything for a pretty girl like you." He smiled.

It was cute how he said that but to be honest, i'm pretty sure he says that to a lot of girls. It is his job.

I could of sworn in the corner of my eye I saw Derek had his hands curled up into a fist, clenching and un-clenching. I also heard a long, agonizing breath come out from his nose. I don't know what his deal was, but maybe he had a bad thought in his head and it was haunting him.

"That will be $14.75." said the cashier.

Derek got out his wallet before I did and plopped down a 20 dollar bill a little bit too forcefully. The guy gave him a quick glance of disapproval before looking over at me smiling again, "Your number will be twenty when we call."

He gave me a slip of paper at had the number '20' and when he gave it to me, our hands were completely brushing against each other. Another thing strange, no butterflies. It was only filled with tiny sparks, but he was really cute and nice. In a way he reminds me of the guys back home in Miami.

I nodded and gave a quick smile before being dragged off with Derek to sit on a table with tall red seats. When we got sat down and waited, a girl with strangely stuffed boobs had on a tight pink shirt and leggings. Derek looked at here head to toe as she gave a wink with her false lashes.

What am I, invisible? He is checking a girl out right in front of me! She was pretty, blue eyes and curly blonde hair. However, she just didn't look real to me, as if her eyes were colored contacts or her blonde hair was dyed. As she walked away I mentally rolled my eyes at her, he's not coming home with you sweetie.