07-First Boyfriend

The sky was a bright pink, filling up the whole atmosphere and everything around us. Derek looked over at me as we sat on the silent beach. The waves would tumble over each other, but softly flow over the sand with no sound.

"These waves remind me of our relationship," He pointed out as I leaned into him, "While we go through rough times, we'll always make it out in the end."

"It's because we're meant for each other," I smiled up at him, "And always will be."

His eyebrow raised while he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "So what if we broke up, do you think we would still find our way back to each other?"

"I think so. If it's meant to be, than it's meant to be." The bright jades in Derek's eyes brightened in color, squinting slightly from his smile.

All of a sudden, the sky abruptly turned dark, and Derek's features were being shifted. His eyes changed to brown, his skin appeared tanner, and I watched as all of his hair was chopped off and it cluttered the sand.

"Derek?" I backed away slowly, appalled at his transformation.

"Derek?" He questioned, slowly showing a grin that stretched abnormally from the end of his cheekbone to the other, "I'm Maverick, babe." 

It was around five a.m. when I woke up from my nightmare to hear crashing sounds from outside my bedroom door. My eyes got wide as I stayed completely silent on the bed, hoping whoever it was, whatever it was, didn't notice my bedroom.

The sound stopped as I heard an echo of a voice saying, "I can't believe you!"

Oh, Mom. She's yelling. To my Dad?

It obviously wasn't an intruder because Mom wouldn't of been screaming to an intruder with those words. Like what? Oh, he broke a vase, 'I can't believe you!' Yeah right.

I tiptoed over my book bag and my pile of dirty clothes to place my ear against the door to listen in. At first, there was no sound at all. Just dead silent. I probably stood for five more minutes before someone spoke.

"Kim, it will only be a few days, I have to leave. How do you think I pay for this house?" My dad said.

"But right now?" She asked, "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Last minute." He paused for a couple of seconds, "Love you."

"Love you too."

I didn't hear any talking after that, just a door open and close. Front door, bedroom door, have no clue. All that matter is that he didn't even say goodbye to me. Why didn't he say goodbye to me? It didn't really matter now I am so used to it, but it would of been nice to hear a 'love you' directed to me for once.

Now that I think about it, when was the last time my parents ever said they loved me? I don't remember, is it bad that I don't remember?

My phone went off as I walked to my nightstand and looked down at the screen. Alarm went off. Wait, it's already six a.m.? How long was I standing there? I sighed and placed my hands on my face to rub my eyes.

Today will be exactly one month since I been going to my new school. Is it good? Not really. Is it hell? Not yet. The only thing I can really look forward to is hanging out with my new boyfriend. After our date, we wanted to be official and just see how it goes.

I walked to the bathroom in my room and took out my retainer and put my contacts in my eyes. Soon after I brushed my teeth slowly, honestly too tired to think. After washing my face and going to the bathroom, I put on my favorite black vans with white distressed shorts and a black graphic shirt. Nothing like what I would usually wear in Florida but might as well give it a try.