13-First Prank

Well to my surprise, time flew by fast, almost too fast if you ask me. It's already Friday, which means that it's the first home game for the football season. Seemed like everyone was getting pumped for the first game, I can't wait to see their excitement on homecoming.

Derek to be honest seemed the most excited out of all of us, walked a little faster so the school day would end sooner. But something didn't seem right. He wasn't just excited, he also seemed...Nervous? Fidgety? Anxious maybe? Is he planning something I don't know about?

In fact, I think there all planning something I don't know about.

First off, I usually sit in between Emily and Ally. While Derek sits across from me, between Ricky and Daniel. This morning before school however, Emily and Ally sat next to their love bird, boy-girl boy-girl. This made an empty spot on our circular table open right next to Derek. I saw the smirks and hidden smiles when I sat next to him, is this some kind of joke?

"Guys.." I started, "What are you doing?"

Daniel smiled while Ally tried not to, "What are you talking about?" Daniel asked.

"Well the seating arrangement is.." I tried not to look at Derek, "Different."

"I like it this way." Ally said, shrugging with her light pink cast in the air, "I can see everyone better."

"But you guys seem so antsy, especially you." I gestured towards Derek as I sat down in my new seat. I can literally smell his cologne from my spot and honestly, it's comforting. I wonder what cologne he uses, it's masculine but at the same time clean.

He pretended to get offended, "What do you think we're doing?"

"Planning something without me." I said maybe I'm too much of a cold tone, it made everyone stay silent, too silent.

Emily braided her long black hair while she changed subjects, "Do you think I should dye my hair red?"

"Red?" Ally asked looking in her direction, "What kind of red you talking about?"

"Like an...auburn? Where it looks black but looks red in the light." She smiled at all of us while flipping her braid behind her shoulder, "That's if my asian parents are going to allow that."

"Your asian parents should." Derek mocked playfully while she widened her eyes.

"You fucking crazy?!" She looked at me, "Would your parents allow you to dye your hair?"

"Yeah." All of the guys at the table oooed their hearts out while Ally rolled her eyes.

"Just ask Emily, I doubt you even asked."

She looked defeated while she traced the outline of her white backpack, brown eyes adverted down, "I guess your right.."

"I think you would look nice with red." Ricky mentioned to her, "but it won't really match your uniform..being blue and all.."

"Ricky shut up." Derek laughed while Emily cut him off, "No. That's actually not a bad idea...blue.." Then she looked down at her cheer uniform, studying the shade of blue.

"See, looked what you did to her." Daniel spoke while the bell rung, causing everyone to stand up and walk their home room class. It's only held on Fridays and it contains thirty minutes of nothing in the mornings. I don't even know why we have to take it to be honest. It's not so bad however because Emily is in that class too. Speaking of her, Emily whispered to me that she was taking the long way, and I know that just meant to hang out with Ricky, so I let her go have her fun.

As for me, Derek walked along with me since his class was on the way as he mentioned something in my ear, "Oh by the way, Daniel said were going to meet up at the field for lunch."