4

"Oh my god, did you hear? I saw Alice.." A girl's conversation slowly faded away, as I walked passed her. I had known an Alice. She was nice, generous, well perfect. One day, she got drunk at some idiot's party and had died. No one knew why; they were either drunk or just clueless. They had just found her dead body. At least, I think it was Alice's dead body. 

Shivering, I opened the Starbucks door, releasing the cool, cold air. Smelling the familiar smell, I sighed in relief. I hadn't been here for a while, making me feel happier than usual.

"What would you like to order?" I looked up, staring at the boy. It was the boy from the bookstore. The one I saw from 5 feet away. Him. Him. 

I was probably looking like a fish gasping for air, but I tried calmly cooling down. "A-A pumpkin spice latte, please." I fumbled for my money and handed it to him, our hands brushing for a moment. My heart leaped. I then found myself staring at his eyes. They were.. a mixture for blue and green. Pretty. 

"Next in line!" His voice shocked me, waking me up from my daydreaming. As I shuffled over to the Pick-Up area, I felt wobbly and confused. 

Is this love?

-

Later, while I was sipping my latte, I felt a feeling to use the restroom. Placing my drink and bag down, I headed toward the register. 

"Excuse me, can I have the keys for the bathroom?" The boy looked up and smiled. While he fumbled around with the cabinets, I stared at the ground, feeling my face heat up.

"Here, sorry about that. Would you like me to, um, watch your stuff? There are some strangers around.." Looking up, I saw him looking embarrassed as well. I nodded quickly and headed toward the back, trying to get the key into the lock. 

-

While returning, I saw him talking to a girl. 

It's his girlfriend. Has to be. No, that can't be. But it is. 

Right?

I dropped the keys, staring only at his name tag.

Hugo.