21

good morning cassie. how did you sleep?

                              i slept actually pretty good for once. 

that's good. great, actually.

                             yeah. anyways thanks for everything.

no problem

                            sorry i got to go

oh 

alright

bye

I sighed and glanced at the wall above me. I had put stars and posters when I was in middle school. They still kind of glowed. Maybe she should buy them again.

"Cassie, honey! Time for breakfast! Don't be late for school!" yelled Mom. Dad was probably downstairs reading or already at work. I groaned but eventually made it out of bed, seeing that my hair was a total mess. It was everywhere and gross.

I quickly changed and tried brushing my hair multiple times but it was still a bit curly and straight in different places.

Whatever, I'll just put it in a bun.

I head downstairs where Mom placed some cereal and milk for me. 

I gobble it and head outside, quickly yelling, "Bye Mom! Love you!" before going. 

-

"Welcome students! How was your weekend? I hope you've all finished your homework.." Mr. Langster went on about language arts and how that there was going to be a poetry slam. 

Great. I suck at poems and memorizing.

I sighed and doodled around on my notebook hoping for some ideas and advice.

Then the bell rang and I quickly packed up.

-

"Oof, sorry."

"It's alright." I glanced up and saw another boy. He was kind of cute. I think he's new. 

No, no. You have Hugo, right? Stay focused, Cassie.

"Well, I got to go to Bio. Be careful." I watched as he walked away, giving me a small smile.

Huh.