26

I rubbed my face and stared at my ceiling. Today was confusing. And complicated.

Everything seemed wrong and I didn't even know what to do.

At least summer was here in a couple days.

-

"Happy last day of school, Cassie! I'll grant you any wish. As long as it's reasonable, of course," said Hugo, as we walked outside to head home. I laughed and said, "Maybe a magic carpet ride?" 

I am a huge Aladdin fan. I don't know why but I love the movie.

"I can't promise you a magic carpet ride but I can ride you somewhere.." Hugo said, smiling with his cute dimples.

As I climbed into Hugo's car, I saw Colin looking at me again with his blank faces. Then he blinked and motioned me to come. I frowned but saw that Colin was serious.

"Uh, Hugo. I forgot something, I'll be right back."

"I'll get it for you-"

"No, it's okay. Thanks though.." I opened the car door and closed it, rushing toward the school. Colin was already walked away but was looking backwards once in a while. When he saw me, he smiled. A little.

"Colin, wait. Where are we going?" I asked, hoping he would respond.

After a pause, he said, "I need to tell you something about Hugo.."

I frowned but followed him to the garden area of the school and sat down with him by the tree.

"Look, Cassie. I know I've been only friends with you for a little but I have some suspicions of Hugo."

"Dude, if you're going to gossip about my boyfriend, I'm out."

"No, no. I don't mean to gossip, I just thought you would like to know.." Colin looked so worried and frustrated, I couldn't help but listen.

"Okay, tell me. Quickly."

"Well, I think your boyfriend is.."