Thirty Five - final battle - part 3 - an end to the lunacy

Ashleen glanced over her shoulder and noticed several of the mutants slip away, disappearing quickly. This was great, she was going to be left on the losing side of this massive bout of stupidity. If she'd known she was going to wind up on the wrong side, she probably would have skipped signing on the dotted line and joining Lenny's idiot crew. Whether it meant losing her powers or not. She looked at the remaining mutants and caught Mirror and Althea's eyes. Out of everyone here they were probably the only two she'd trust to watch her back. The only other ones here that had a brain. Mirror was a mimic who could copy the appearance of anyone exactly. Althea was a healer and a chameleon. They were both good allies to have on her side if things went bad. And the way things were going, it would appear badly was in imminent danger of occurring. They were going to have to get the heck out of here. She knew if they managed to make it out of here unscathed, the X-Men were going to be their enemies. She turned her attention back to Lenny and the lunacy occurring in the place of an actual battle.

"You people are the source of all my problems!" Lenny finally decided, still sitting on the ground with Brittney trying to soothe him.

"Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase, Hakuna Matata, ain't no passing craze, It means no worries for the rest of your days, It's our problem-free philosophy, Hakuna Matata," Mellissa and Angela danced like Timon and Pumba while Mellissa sang.

Ziva had the distinct feeling that if they pushed Lenny much further, he'd crack under the pressure and they'd win this entire battle without so much as a single punch thrown. It would go down in history as the single oddest fight ever.

"Come on Lenny don't be such a pansy. Stand up and fight," Ziva told him.

"Fight? Fight what! You people are acting like lunatics! And I am not a pansy!"

"Hmmm, he's right, Ziva, I'd go with chicken instead of pansy," A'Cadia put in.

"I am not a chicken!"

"Wait, wait, I've got one!" Craig called out. "I don't wanna be a chicken. I don't wanna be a duck. I don't wanna be a chicken. I don't wanna be a duck. So I shake my butt. Na na na na na na na na na na na na."

"And he's all yours, you must be so proud, Ziva," Mellissa said with a big fat grin as Craig sang and did the accompanying dance. Ziva slapped a hand over her eyes.

Lenny stared at Craig a moment before bursting into hysterical giggles. "For once I'm not jealous of you, De Leroy! That was exceedingly lame!"

"Shove it, Lenny!" Craig grumbled at him.

"No, no really De Leroy that was classic country there. You gonna start square dancin' next? Hit a hoedown or something?" Lenny was trying not to double over with laughter.

Angela did a quick change, pulling on a big fluffy tutu reminiscent of a square dancin' skirt. "Oh yeah, hit it, Death!"

She started clapping her hands, beside her, Mellissa groaned, and grumbled, "I hate this song it always gets stuck in my head!"

Angela ignored her and kept right on going. "Do the hoedown (Throw down!). Do the hoedown (Throw down!). Do the hoedown (Throw down!). Throw it all together, that's how we roll, Boom de clap de clap, boom boom clap. Come on, here we go! Boom boom clap, boom de clap de clap Boom boom clap, boom de clap. Pop it, lock it, polka dot it, Country fivin', hip hop hip, Put your arms in the sky, move side to side, Jump to the left, stick it, glide."

"When is this crap going to end?" Lenny groaned, looking skyward as if an answer was forthcoming from the heavens.

"Waiting for the end to come, Wishing I had strength to stand, This is not what I had planned, It's out of my control, Flying at the speed of light, Thoughts were spinning in my head, So many things were left unsaid, It's hard to let you go," Ziva paused for a moment and frowned. "Actually, I take the last line back; it's rather easy to let you go. Right over the edge of a cliff if need be."