Five

You were right. Once Ron was reunited with Lavender, it was like all those precious moments at the Burrow between the two of you had never even happened. It hurt so much worse than before, because you really did convince yourself that he wouldn't forget about you.

But, no matter what he did or how much he hurt you, your feelings towards him didn't change.

That was clear.

***

March slowly came around, as did Ron's birthday. He was seventeen, meaning he could use magic whenever he wanted to. You had gotten him some Chudley Cannon merchandise, knowing how much he loved them. You dreaded to think what garish gift Lavender had gotten him.

You had secretly snuck into the boys dormitory on the morning of Ron's birthday, with Harry's help. "Surprise!" You shout, jumping onto Ron's bed. "Ugh, bloody hell, Y/N. What are you doing here?" He groaned, sitting up. "Well, happy birthday and nice to see you too." You huffed, pouting slightly. "Sorry, I'm just so tired. Lavender and I stayed up, talking in the common room, late last night." He apologised, beginning to open presents. You instantly scowled at the mention of Lavender, but seeing Ron so happy, as he opened his presents, made a smile creep onto your face.

When Ron unwrapped a limited edition Chudley Cannon t-shirt and cushion, his eyes lit up and he grinned. "Thank you so much, Y/N/N!" He yelled, calling you by your nickname. He tackled you into a hug, making you giggle. You looked at the position you were in. Ron was lying on top of you. You glanced at Harry, who winked at you. You sat up and shook your head defiantly, carefully making sure Ron didn't see.

Ron then began eating the Chocolate Cauldrons, which Harry had gotten him. Only, something wasn't right about that.

"Weird." You mutter, as Ron stuffs his face with the Firewhisky filled chocolates. "What's the matter, Y/N?" Harry asked, noticing your confused expression. "I was there, when you bought Ron's presents, in Hogsmeade. I don't remember you buying those chocolates at all." You said, uncertainly, as Harry gasps in realisation. "Ron, stop eating those!" He bellowed, knocking the box away from Ron.

Ron looks up, as though in a trance. He sighs. "I love Romilda Vane." He says. "Wait, what? Who?" You ask, getting the feeling that this wasn't a joke. "It must have been one of Fred and George's Love Potions. Help me get him to Slughorn, he should have an antidote." Harry replies, bitterly. You grab Ron's arm and help Harry guide him to the office of the Potions Master.

On the way there, Ron kept asking for someone called Romilda Vane. Harry briefly explained that she was a crazy fourth year, who kept trying to slip him Love Potions. He had those chocolates since Christmas and the effects got stronger over time.

Harry made up excuses, saying she was taking extra classes in Slughorn's office. Ron got excited, asking if he could take them as well. You would have laughed at the situation, had it been anyone else.

Slughorn gave him the antidote and offered to let everyone have a glass of Madam Rosemerta's finest mead, for Ron's birthday. He had been saving it to give to Dumbledore.

He made a toast to Ron, who eagerly drank his glass first. He then fell to the floor and you knew something was very wrong. "He's been poisoned!" You exclaim, remembering what your parents had said about being poisoned. Harry ran over to the cupboard and grabbed a Bezoar, shoving it down Ron's throat.

***

Ron was in the Hospital Wing and the teachers were questioning you and Harry. "He just drank some mead and the next thing we knew, he had been poisoned." You said, looking at Ron. "Slughorn said that the mead was meant for you. Madam Rosemerta gave it to him." Harry added, talking to Dumbledore. The teachers nodded and left.

No sooner had they left, a distraught Lavender rushed in, shouting loudly. "Someone poisoned my Won-Won!" She cried. She noticed you sitting next to him, holding his hand. "Ron. His name is Ron. R-O-N." You say, through gritted teeth. She was sad, but that didn't make her any less irritating.

At that moment, Ron began to stir, mumbling something incomprehensible. "He can sense my presence. Won-Won, can you hear me?" She shrieked, pushing past Harry, Ginny and Hermione to get to him. "Urgh. Y/N." He muttered, not opening his eyes. He kept repeating your name and you shot Lavender a triumphant look. She glared at you and stormed out, with an angry squeal.

A/N: Hi there, again. Don't really have anything to say.

Two more parts left and... *drum roll* ... The last part will be published on my birthday! Yup, my birthday is on Wednesday. I'd appreciate it, if I could get more reads on both this fanfic and People Change. Thank you!