Chapter 8- From tonight part 2

When Marshall woke up his hands and legs were tied together and there was a gag in his mouth stopping him from saying anything. He pulled with all his might, but he couldn't undo the tight rope keeping his hands together. He looked up and noticed Magic man putting together the final arrangements for their journey.

Magic man placed a bag on his back and walked over to Marshall "Looks like you're awake!" He untied the rope he had tied around the tree, keeping both of Marshall's hands tied he pulled Marshall towards the portal. Marshall was constantly struggling with all his might to get away from Magic Man.

"Would you stop struggling Marshall! You're just making this harder for everyone!" Magic man pulled harder and Marshall struggled more and more "Do I have to hurt you this time?"

Marshall managed to get the gag out of his mouth, "I'll never stop struggling! Not till you let me go! Why are you doing this?"

Magic man smirked, "Well, I may as well tell you while we're here. You're mother doesn't want you to be with Gumball since you two are unable to continue the royal lineage. She instructed me to push your boyfriend off the cliff... However, this part here is all me!"

Marshall stopped struggling for a second and sat looking shocked at his mothers actions "She hates him that much?" Marshall felt tears dripping from his eyes onto the ground "I-I thought everything was okay..."

Magic man yanked the rope, causing Marshall to fall backwards "Well they aren't, now into the portal you go!"

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" shouted Gumball as he ran through the forest to the cliff, closely followed by Fionna and Cake.

"Oh look, a leaving party!" laughed magic man "It's too late to save him now!"

Gumball looked helplessly at Marshall, seeing his fiancée in such a state terrified him.

"It's never too late, come on Cake!" Fionna and Cake ran straight towards magic man, Fionna's sword raised in the air, Cake running beside her. Magic man quickly ran out of their way, sending them straight into the portal and causing it to close.

"NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" shouted magic man, "Thats fiiiine~" he sang "Looks like I'll have to change my plan..." Magic man pulled the rope sharply, causing marshall to fall flat on his back. Magic man pulled out a wooden stake from his pocket and kneeled down, "Looks like someone will have to die after all..."

Gumball ran forwards "MARSHALL!" he screamed "STOP!"

"GUMBALL STAY BACK!" Marshall shouted, looking over at Gumball with a pained expression on his face "I don't want him to hurt you too!"

"That is ENOUGH!" All of a sudden a fire magically appeared and Ana Abadeer appeared from within the flames. "I swear to you I will suck out your soul if you do not put down the wooden stake! I'm giving you one more chance to go home, it's over Magic Man!"

Magic man smirked "Oh I'll put it down aright." he quickly slammed his hand down and pierced Marshall with the wooden stake, Marshall screamed in pain as he felt the stake pierce is body.

Ana ran forwards and grabbed Magic Man by the neck, "I never should have trusted you!" she opened her mouth and sucked out his soul, the sounds of his struggling and pain filled her with joy.

Gumball ran over to Marshall, "Marshie? Marshie can you hear me?" he asked as he knelt beside Marshall and grabbed the wooden stake, pulling it out of him in one swift movement, untying his hands and legs aswell.

Marshall recoiled in pain as the stake was pulled out of him, groaning loudy. "Well, I'm not deaf!"

"This is no time for jokes Marshall!" Gumball shouted as he felt tears running from his eyes, "I should have protected you... I should have stopped him... Marshall, I-I" Gumball stopped what he was saying as he felt a familliar cold hand reach up and wipe a tear from his cheek