A party gone wrong

But her happy thoughts are interrupted, when Steve suddenly lets go of her and pushes her behind him, protecting her.

Claire looks up from behind Steve's shoulder and sees Clint pointing his arrow at Steve. Steve has not got his shield with him, so he is kind of unprotected.

Natasha sees what is going on and quickly lets go of Bruce to help out. She goes up to Clint and tries to talk to him, but he has his eyes and mind fixed on Steve.

Suddenly, Tony and Thor join in and Natasha cannot help any longer. Bruce immediately get her away from the battleground, as soon as he realises that this is going to be something serious.

Steve tells Claire to go with Natasha, who is now holding out her hand to Claire. Claire grabs it and looks at Steve once more, who gives her a quick smile, before he disappears and reappears with his shield in his hand.

Natasha takes Claire out of the room. She looks worried and tells Claire to stay there and wait for her to come back. 

Then she slips into the room again and a few seconds later appears with Bruce, who seems kind of angry and is starting to turn green in the face.

"Hey, it's okay. I am here. Look at me, Bruce. I love you", Natasha says with a soothing voice. Then she takes his hands in hers and kisses him. Immediately Bruce's face turns back to its original colour and Bruce smiles at Natasha. Then he whispers 'Thank you' into her ear and 'I love you too' and Natasha giggles.

Through the glass window Claire can see Thor, Tony, Clint and Steve fighting. Things are getting bashed to pieces and food is being flung around the room.

Tony shots his laser beams at Steve, but he manages to get away from them, without being harmed. Thor then uses his hammer, and everyone is flung away. Steve crashes into the wall and lies there for a quick second, not moving.

Claire watches in horror and is about to go in there and save Steve when he slowly gets back onto his feet.

The rest of them are restless too. Thor goes over to Steve and helps him get up. Suddenly, an arrow flies straight past Thor and lands directly in Steve's chest. Seconds later, Steve falls to the ground.

Claire cannot watch anymore and races into the room and lands beside Steve, propping his head onto her lap.

Clint looks like he is just about to fire of another arrow, this time at Thor, when Fury comes in, followed by Natasha and Bruce.

They see Steve lying restlessly on Claire's lap and Fury tells Thor to grab Clint and Bruce to grab the still restless Tony and take them downstairs to the dungeons.

They do as Fury orders them to and both of them take Clint and Tony out of the room.

Claire is now crying and carefully stroking Steve's beautiful hair.

Fury comes up to her with a few nurses right by his side. They pick up Steve and take him to the emergency room. Fury, Natasha and Claire follow.

Claire can hardly see, where she is going, because she is crying so hard.

They have to wait outside the emergency room. After a while one of the nurses comes out and beckons Fury to come inside.

Fury goes in and the door shuts behind him. 

"He will be alright. Don't worry. Steve is strong. He will pull through", Natasha tries to calm Claire down.

Then the door opens again and Fury comes out. "He is asking for you, Claire. He would like to see you!"

Fury holds the door open for Claire to go in. Once she is in the room, the door closes, and she is left alone with Steve.

Please let me know what you think of the story so far. I am looking forward to your feedback!