Reuniting

First of all a quick author's note:

I wanted to thank all of you for getting this book to 460 reads. That is just sooooo amazing!

And then I wanted to shout out to a few of my supporters that have been so sweet and always voting for my story. So give a big shout out to:

 @garbageinthetardis @superwholockian101  @marvel_and_youtube  @charliemco  @NightGoddess06 @ironically-sleeping @BecauseILovedyou @agentcordered  and @xtheflashx

Thank you all so much for your great support. You guys are brilliant <3

So, hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Keep voting and supporting me :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They land on a field close to the military base. The field is filled with helicopters and planes for combat.

Natasha leads the newly styled Claire out of the Helicarrier, where the rest of the crew are waiting for them.

When Steve sees her, his smile widens. 'She looks absolutely beautiful', he thinks. 

"Wow", he says once she is standing in front of him, "You look amazing!"

"Thank you", Claire manages to get out with a smile, although she is too excited.

"Are you ready?" Tony asks her with a smile on his face.

Claire is still unable to get a word out, so she just nods in response.

Steve holds out his hand as a reassurance for her to take. 

'He is just so sweet and caring', Claire thinks and cannot help but smile when she takes his hand into hers.

Once she is standing close to him, she can smell his familiar scent and feel his warmth close to her. She slowly calms down. 

"You'll be alright. Just be yourself", he whispers close to her ear, sending a shiver going down her spine.

She looks up into his clear and beautiful eyes and smiles at him.

Then, Steve tells the others to wait for them to return and leads Claire to the gate that cuts the military camp of from the rest of the world.

In front of the gate a guard with a huge, loaded gun in his hand is securing the area.

Claire keeps hold of Steve's hand, not daring to let go. 'They don't exactly have small guns', she thinks, looking at the gun that the guard is holding.

"Excuse me soldier. I am Captain Rogers. I am here to speak to Colonel Williams. Tell him that I am from S.H.I.E.L.D and we spoke on the phone."

"Yes, sir!" the guard salutes, then leaves and comes back minutes later with another guy, who is wearing a colonel's hat and has a lot of medals attached to his uniform, showing that he has fought many battles in his life.

He and Steve salute each other. 

"Captain Rogers. Welcome. And this must be the beautiful Miss Johnson." He then holds out his hand in a greeting way. She takes it and he carefully kisses her hand.