Dear Diary - part 1

Dear Diary,

Many people ask me on what do I want to be when I finish my studies, should I go to work, should I be majestic or live a mundane life. I can't even answer them as even I do not have a clue about myself.

Except that I have only 2 weeks to live.

I close my diary and look out to my window. The moment Sarah told me about my condition is still vivid like it was just yesterday.

8 months ago

"Hey Emily, I just got your test results from the urine test. Congratulations, your are two weeks pregnant."

Pregnant. I caress my belly with soothing arms and happy with a new life forming inside me. I am beyond thrilled on what is to come. Me and Max have been waiting for so long for this little bundle of joy to come.

Max and I have been into a relationship for 3 years now. I met him at my workplace when I first started to teach. After a few months of dating, he got an offer to go to another school and we had our long distance relationship ever since. He will visit my house every 2 weekends. Sometimes, during the holidays, he would suprise me by coming here.

Considering I have a great news to tell him, I should be the one who suprises him as well. As I went out to Sarah's office, I immediately went to the airport and bought a ticket to his place.

Max's porch

I was outside his house. Want to tell him his suprise. I knock on his door and wait for him.

But the one that came out there is not him but a women instead. A very beautiful women. With an athletic body just enough to show that she done her workout, with a curly and long light brown hair and almost the same height as me. She looks and frown.

"Yes. May I help you?"

"Is this Maximus Holt house?"

"Who is it honey?" I hear Max voice and slowly appearing the front door. He saw me and froze.

I froze as well. Honey?

Then the women spoke. "Yeah, love. Someone here wants to see you."

"Emily. Ahhhh. Hun, this is my collegue from another school, Emily and Emily this is my wife, Sola."

"Hi Emily, nice to meet you. Are you coming for dinner?" She gives out her hand I shook it. I freaking shook it.

"I don't mean to intrude. But, can I speak with your HUSBAND for a while in private? We will back before you know it."

I can feel the bile is at my mouth. My Max is married. How did I not notice this. I feel betrayed. Did our love mean something. No wonder he didn't want to be married. He already does.

"Yeah sure"

"I'll be right back honey."

Max kiss his wife and follow me out. We walk and walk quietly until I spoke.

"I'm pregnant."