Speak the truth

"He's been holding me hostage for the past day! He tied me up in chains! He threatened to kill me if I screamed, he physically abused me!" I shouted pointing at Derek.

The police officer raised his eyebrow, and looked at Derek.

"Is what she's saying true?" He asked Derek.

"No." He said.

"Are you lying to me?" The police officer asked, stepping closer to Derek.

Derek looked in the police officers eyes, seeing just per serious.

Derek looked down to his feet, not saying a word.

"You do know, that it's better to speak the truth, than have the person find out later that you were lying. You will still get a consequence, but it won't be as bad, if the person finds out that you were lying straight to their face." The police said.

Derek still didn't reply.

"Sir, turn around, I need to ask you a few questions in my office." The police officer said.

Derek started shaking like mad, "No, no, please don't arrest me!!" Derek shouted, collapsing to the floor, shaking.

"I think he's having a seizure." Cassey said, pointing to Derek.

The officer, bent down, and handcuffed him, then picked him up, and walked him to the police car.

"Watch your head." The officer said, as he ducked Derek's head, making sure Derek didn't hit his head on the car door.

"I'm not guilty, I'm innocent!!!" He shouted, rocking back and forth.

"You're anything but innocent!" I shouted to Derek.

"You don't know what the heck I've been through missy!" Derek shouted, giving me a death glare.

"And you don't know what I've been through, still you kidnapped me, and you tortured me, and threatened to kill me!" I shouted back at him.

"I missed you! The only reason why I'm this crazy, is because I needed you, and whenever I see you. I fall in love with you over and over again!" He shouted, looking me in the eyes.

I glared at him, and said, "Well if you truly loved me, then why did you threaten to kill me?" I snarled.

"Because I was afraid that you'd leave me." He said.

"I couldn't have left you, you had me tied up, you idiot!!" I shouted.

"No, you idiot, I mean if I ever did let you go, you would leave me one and for all." He said, looking down at his lap.

"Well, if you weren't as insane, I might've actually stays with you, instead of dumping you, which you really did deserve." I said, as I put my hands on my hips, ready to launch at him any moment.

The police officer could see me getting ready to hurt him, so he did something. "Okay, that's enough. You two girls, go home, I'll take him in and ask him a few questions." He said, pointing me and Cassey in the opposite way of the police car. I just scoffed and walked away, Cassey following me.

"What all did he do to you?" Cassey asked me, as she caught up to me.

"Well for starters, he kidnapped me, knocked me out, and as I was knocked out, he tied me up in chains, he tied my feet, luckily he didn't tie my hands, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to ask you for help." I said, looking at her.

"Well I'm glad that you are okay." She said, smiling at me.

I gave her a small smile back. "Thanks." I said, under my breath.

"You're welcome." She said.

"Wait!" I shouted.

Cassey jumped. "What?" She asked.

"Did you tell my parents that Derek was trying to kill me?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "No, but I can if you want me too." She said.

I shook my head. "No, that's fine. I'm still running from home, so I don't need them to come looking for me, and then drag me home, and argue again. That's the main reason why I left home. I was sick and tired of them always arguing." I said.

"Oh." Cassey said. "I'm sorry."

"Its fine." I said. "But, thank you for saving me, that means a lot to me. I didn't think that you would help me, to be honest." I added.

"Why?" She asked.

"Well, since we're not the best f friends anymore, I didn't think that you'd care about what was happening to me, and I thought that you would be happy if Derek did actually kill me." I confessed.

"Oh, sweetie." She said. "To me, I don't care if me and you aren't the best of friends, I still care a lot about you. I would be devastated if Derek killed you. I would've killed him, if he killed you." She said.

My eyes started to water.

"Are, are you crying?" She asked me.

I nodded. Opening my arms, hugging her. "Thank you so much!" I said, rubbing her back.

"You're welcome." She said, rubbing my back as well.