Heartbreak

I looked up and saw Joey, he didn't talk but grabbed my bags as I lead him to the baggage claim. We waited in silence until he finally spoke up.
"you're mom called before...she sounded heartbroken Lizzie, you shouldn't have come back."  he shook his head
"I couldn't live there anymore, really. I had to."
"No, you don't get it..."
for the first time in a long time I saw a tear fall from his cheek.
"...you don't get it, I can't help you anymore."
my heart sunk and I looked down. he found himself another girl, I knew it.
"who is she?" I spoke up
he turned to me and put his hand on my shoulder.
"I'm so sorry Lizzie," he reconsidered, "but I'm also not sorry, I'm gay."
"oh...I didn't know." a single tear fell from my cheek as well.
"it's been all over twitter, social media. I thought you knew."
"I wasn't on media then, I hardly even knew Ingrid came out but I know you played me off anyways."
"if anything we played me off. you manipulated me and I thought I wouldn't see you again and maybe I was fine with that. maybe I didn't want to see you anymore but no, I had to drag my ass back down to this goddamned airport to pick up you because your mother, on the other end of my phone, was crying her eyes out."
I didn't say anything for awhile.
"you didn't have to come. " I said finally
"I couldn't leave you in a foreign country you knew nothing about."
"I would've managed."
"you would've been stuck here. you and I both know that but by all means I can't take you back. I'll pay a ticket for you to go back to your home, that's the least I can do but you owe me one."
the tears came quicker and I struggled to keep them quiet.
"fine." I choked, " I'll pay you back next year at Vidcon just get me the hell out of here."
we walked back up to a worker and asked what time the next flight for the UK was and it leaves in two hours so he bought the ticket. Until then we situated my bags and transfered them to the next flight.
When it was time to board we waved, not hugged, at each other and I got on my flight back home.

_____________________
(just a short chapter before I go to bed) so not sure what to do with the rest of the chapters...? maybe leave a suggestion if you want.

song: Drown- Front Porch Step

-bella