Chapter 4: Goodbye

Dearest Joey,

We are all out of eggs, I’m getting them.

          -Lizzie

I watched T.V. for a bit until she came back with a bag of groceries.

            “You’re back!”

            “Didn’t you get my note?”

            “Yeah but I’m happy you’re back, I missed you.”

            “I was only gone 15 minutes, Joey.”

            “I’m used to waking up with you though.”

She sighed and hugged me.

            “I’m making breakfast.” She said

I nodded and sat back down on the sofa. After breakfast we went back to the pier and went underneath it in the shade. We lay down together in our bathing suit, I thought we might need it but we happened not to use it.

            I put my arm around her and she laid her head down on my upper chest. She looked at me this time and she kissed me slowly. This wasn’t like the other kisses we had it was a wanting kiss, a desperate kiss.

            She would whisper under her breath ‘I can’t.’ but I pushed her head forward to my lips and she took it. The kiss felt like little time but I’m pretty sure we kissed for a while, my lips started to hurt but they always wanted more.

            Soon she got the strength to pull away.

            “I can’t”

I frowned, and leaned in closer for one last kiss she took it, I grabbed her pink hair and ran my fingers in it. She did the same with mine.

            “Yuck!” I heard a voice say

I pulled away and saw two young boys looking at us, Lizzie’s face turned red.

            “What do you want?” I asked, irritated.

            “Uh…5 bucks.” He said

            “Shoo.”

They ran away after that. When we got home it was around 5:00 We watched T.V. until 9:00 when she couldn’t keep her eyes open. I took my shirt off and plopped down beside her.

            I stayed with her on the sofa till she fell asleep. Then I got up and found something to eat. I stayed with her for the night unplanned I just couldn’t give myself the strength to get up.
            I looked at her, she was beautiful. I stroked my fingers through her hair carefully for I didn’t want to wake her. I eventually went to sleep around 12:00. I woke the next morning, she was still sleeping, and I went to the kitchen to make breakfast.

            I decided to make pancakes for us, when I was half way through I heard her get up and walk behind me. She hugged my back and sighed peeking over my shoulder on her tip toes.

            When we were done eating pancakes we decided to go back to the beach. When we got there I got out of the car and opened the passenger door for her, the beach wasn’t that crowded today so we found a good spot.

            I used to her in a bathing suit enough to look at her when I talk to her. I didn’t want to actually lay a finger on her when she was like this, she looked to fragile. We went swimming together after a while.

            When we got home we were tired.

            “Oh, Joey?” she said sleepily

            “Yeah?”

            “I’m leaving tomorrow.”

            “Wait, what?”

            “I’m going back to England.”

I was stunned. Why didn’t she tell me before? I didn’t say anything I just look at her sadly and I leaned in and kissed her. This time I made a desperate kiss. I picked her up  and carried her upstairs to her room and placed her in bed.

            I sat in the recliner. She beckoned me in bed, I sighed and did what I was told. She looked at me and kissed me stronger than before but more careful. I heard a knock at the door, I ignored it but Lizzie pulled away and got up and answered the door.

            It was Stacy; she looked at both of us.

            “Never mind I’ll come back.”

            I looked us both, I was shirtless, not bad, than I took a glance at Lizzie and sighed. She had a white button down shirt and…underwear that was it.

            “Stacy come back!”

            “No I’m comin’ back another time!” she shouted.

I shook my head; we both ended up sleeping on separate sofas. I couldn’t go to sleep, Lizzie’s going tomorrow. There was a knot in my stomach and a rock in my heart. I didn’t get to sleep till 3:00.

        When I finally got up it was too late, We had to drive back to the airport. We didn't say a word to eachother but instead sulked. When her gate was baoarding she grabbed her suitcase, gave me a long meanigful smile then turned back.

        "Wait-" I stopped her, "Yoy love me don't yoou?"

       She sighed.

        "Joey...I'm sorry, I have Joel..."

        "Joel?" My heart sunk into the pit of my stomach and a lump formed in my throat. "But why?...why.." 

        "Goodbye, Joey."

She went threw the gate and didn’t look back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it ended this way.. Let me know if you want me to publish a second part to this. idk if I'm able to have the same writing skill but I promice you all I'll try

-x, Minx