Part 2: Chapter 1: Flight

Lizzie's POV

        As I boarded the flight the knot in my chest grew tighter and the lump in my throat got bigger as I tried to swallow it down. It's just a boy... I told myself. When I got to my seat the tears came one by one. How could I've let it go on that long? I gripped the sleeves of Joel's old oversized sweatshirt. A sob grew in my chest but I forced it down, the man to my left was already looking at me strangely.

        I wiped my sleeve against my cheek to dry the tears from my eyes, I looked down, my mascara was running. I sniffed as I tried to pull myself together but a sob shackled though my body. I took a deep breath, that seemed to help so I took in a couple more. We were asending at this time and I barely noticed.

        At this time the man beside me put his little boy on his lap and calmed the little kid's fears. The child tapped me on the shoulder.

        "Are you scared of flying too?" He asked.

        I nodded as I attempted to again wipe the tears from my eyes, I gave him a weak smile. The boy was about 4 or 5 years of age. He grabbed my hand gentle and held it.

        "Here, together?"

        "Together." I choked out.

He continued to hold my hand until we were within alitude.

        "Better?" he asked.

        "Yes, thank you." 

        He smiled and went back to his seat on the other side of his father's. I quickly pulled out my phone to text Joey, I hesitated. I'm doing well as it is I dont want to ruin it, I''ll text him later. I shoved the phone back in my pocket and tried to catch some sleep. I looked out of the window, we were crossing the Atlantic Ocean already which meant a couple more hours until I see Joel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to make a second part to my story this time in Lizzie's p.o.v. It will probably swich back to Joey in the third part- if there is one-. Anyways I hoped you like this chapter the next one should be up soon.

-x, Minx