Chapter 4: Diner

I swallowed bile that rose in my throat. I love you too. When I was with Joel it was like I easily forgot Joey. I stared at my phone screen for a while then burried under my duvet until I had to meet Yammy for lunch. When I was waiting at a stop light I put my head on my steering wheel and started to cry, all the tears I kept in last night started to drip down my cheeks.

        As I got to the small diner we were meeting up at I fixed my mascara that'd ran and slammed the car door behind me. When I openned the door to the diner I saw Yammy had already arrived and got us a table. I put on a weak smile and sat down at our table.

        "Sorry," I began, "the traffic was terrible."

        "S'okay I just got here myself. Anyways, haven't seen you in a while. How was your trip?"

I wish people would stop asking me that.

        "Cool, really cool. I've seen some places I'd probably never see before."

        Until our orders came out we talked about my trip and how Brighton was when I was gone. 

        "Hey, we're gonna have to record sometime together" Yammy smiled. "My viewers missed you."

I laughed.

        "Sounds great."

        Soon after that we tipped the waiter and paid the bill then walked the pier. The pier reminded me much of Joey when we walk the 'boardwalk' as he would call it.

        "So you spent the month with Joey right?" 

I bit the inside of my cheek and nodded.

        "That's cool... He's hot," she laughed.

I laughed as well.

        "Well, yeah." It felt good talking to Yammy about Joey, my chest soon had a huge weight lifted from it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoped you liked the chapter! The next one should be up in a couple days

-x, Minx