It begins...

A/N: OKAY, FOR THE SAKE OF AWKWARDNESS AVOIDANCE AND STUFF, THIS IS NOW AN AU.

"Grunkle Ford, I need to talk to you about Bill. In private."

"Of course, Dipper. Let's talk downstairs, in the study. I completely emptied the place before replacing the furniture, so Bill shouldn't be able to see us."

Dipper nodded before he  and Ford pushed aside the machine, revealing the stairs.

Dipper remembered the first time he had descended them- how incredibly surreal it was. Who could forget? It didn't hold that exact same feeling, but the stairs still felt unnatural.

The elevator dinged at level 2, opening to the room where only a couple weeks ago, Dipper had tried to erase the mind of his tutor.

He and Ford sat down on the shag, 1980's-something carpet.

"Uncle Ford, I had another dream with Bill," Dipper said.

"Remember, he can't hurt you, since we Bill-proofed the shack."

"I don't think he wants to HURT me."

Ford looked at him in a strange way.

"He seems to have discovered my emotions. And there's one in particular he's after..."

"Which one?"

Dipper blushed and started rubbing his arm.

"...oh. Oh. That's... awkward..."

"Yeah... and he tried to go at me. When I fought back he said there was more than one kind of puppet. What does that mean?"

"Hmm... what was the exact deal you made with Bill?"

"He said he'd give me the password to Fiddleford's computer if I gave him a puppet. Mabel was putting on a puppet show at the time, so I didn't think anything of it. Then of course he possessed me, and-"

"Dipper, 'puppet' is a very broad category which could be interpreted in several ways! He's going to mess with your mind next, Dipper!"

"Oh my gosh, what are we going to do?!"

"The barrier just prevents us from being possessed, but none of us are safe now! He'll do anything for it, Dipper, knowing how Id driven he is. I suggest we warn our family members.

"Right, we... we... we can't!" Dipper said suddenly.

"What?"

"We just can't, alright! It's a secret! Of course you wanna tell everyone, I knew I shouldn't have told you!"

His pupils were turning a dark gray color, the rest of his eyes light gray, his face was swelling pink.

"Dipper, wait!"

"I'm going to my room to relax. If you wanna apologize to me, you're welcome to!"

He stormed into his room and slammed the door.

"Woah... What the heck just happened? Why did I just get all mad all of a sudden..."

He stared at the triangle window in his room. It was soothing, and it made him feel safe.

"Hmm, is Bill already manipulating my emotions? He must be..."

Suddenly he felt really tired.

"Wow... this has never happened before. I need to lay down and think about this."

He fell once more into the Mindscape.