Chapter Eleven: Predictions

AUTHOR'S NOTE: THE LAST CHAPTER IS ONE WHERE THE STORY KIND OF GOT AWAY FROM ME. I WAS BORED, AND WANTED A WAY FOR LINK TO BE ABLE TO WALK AROUND IN WOLF FORM. MY WRITING WASN'T AT ITS BEST, EITHER. SO YOU HAVE MY APOLOGIES. AND I PROMISE THERE IS SOME ACTION COMING UP, BUT I AM BEING AS TRUTHFUL TO THE VIDEO GAME AS POSSIBLE. AND HONESTLY, THAT IS A LOT OF TIME IN CASTLE TOWN, AS APPOSED TO FIGHTING MONSTERS. ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU KEEP READING!

LINK'S POV

"Can I PLEASE go with you?" Colin begs, yet again. He is hanging onto my arm as we walk through the streets. The people have a mix of emotions after what I told my story. Some didn't give a d@mn. Others ate it right up. I know that some people didn't even come, but gossip spreads quickly in this town. The normally bustling streets make a large path for me, besides the few confused travelers. I just smile at them, and they smile back. No fear. So this is out of respect....right? I rub the back of my neck with my free arm.

"Young hero, come over here." A woman calls. I groan. The fortune teller. Will she ever get off of my case?

"Ooh!" Colin exclaims, getting excited. He lets go of my arm. "Is that a fortune teller?"

"Yeah." I grab him by his shoulder. "She usually says a lot of junk that has no effect, but you can try it if you want."

"Really?" Colin asks.

"Really." I hand him a few rupees. He hugs me quickly and runs over to the stall. The old woman smiles and takes his cash. She does her normal chant that takes a few minutes. I roll my eyes and walk up until I am beside Colin.

The fortune teller opens her eyes. "You will have your chance, boy." She rasps, looking into the crystal ball. "After a betrayal, you will rise to new heights."

After her prediction, she turns to me. "And you!" She exclaims. "I had a dream last night. It was of your future."

"Do I find Midna?" I ask, not caring that she is mostly phony.

"I do not know. All that I saw was fire. Fire and swords. Beware!"

"Come on, Colin." I say, grabbing his collar. "Let's go buy you a horse."

And then I turn around, the fortune teller's final 'beware' forever etched in my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What about this one, Link?" He asks, pointing to a white mare. I look her over.

"I don't know, Colin. She seems gentle, but not very loyal. One moment." I turn into a wolf. None of the horses bolt, surprisingly. They seem to know that I'm human.

^What are you doing?^ She asks disdainfully.

~Helping a friend.~ I reply. She scoffs.

I turn back into a human and look at Colin's hopeful face. I shake my head. His face falls.

"We've been looking for EVER!" He exclaims. I rub his back sympathetically. Just then, we hear a screeching whinny. We both look over to see four men struggling to tie a horse down with ropes. The black stallion rears up, tearing the ropes. Its hooves shake the ground as they land again. I immediately recognize the beast. My fists clench up in anger. The pain I had felt that day, as Ganondorf held up Midna's mask...

The horse rears again, just as it had done that day. I can picture the mask falling...

"Let's go help it!" Colin exclaims. I hear him from a distance. I know that horses listen to their owners, but I still cannot trust the beast. It brings up painful memories.

I suddenly realize Colin is not by my side. I look up to see him brushing the horse's mane. I blink. He had already calmed the horse? Illia must have taught him how to act around horses...

I turn into a wolf and slowly stalk up to the two of them. The four men that had struggled earlier are watching from a distance in amazement.

^You...you're not...hurting me...?^The stallion says to open air while looking into Colin's eyes. ^Not like...Old Master?^

"You'll be fine." Colin says, stroking the horse's nose. (A//N: NOSE? MUZZLE?)

The horse says nothing, instead leaning into Colin and closing its eyes. I sit down, hard. So Colin is going to ride Ganondorf's horse? Uh.....

"Link?" Colin asks. I realize he is standing in front of me, and the horse behind him. I turn into a human. The horse immediately freaks, recognizing me. I just stand there with a pained look as Colin calms his horse.

"What's wrong, buddy?" Colin asks, confused.

"He's Ganondorf's horse." I answer. Colin turns to me, shocked.

"But he's so nice..."

"His heart is true." I say, almost mechanically.

"So...do you approve?" Colin asks hopefully.

I make eye contact with the now calm horse. "Yes. I approve." I say softly. I swear that the horse grins as wide as the boy.

"What should your name be?" Colin asks. "Carmel? No, you are a black horse. Sarai? That's a girl's name. Oops. Um..."

"Lenaigrima." I supply. The horse looks up at me in shock. "That's what Ganondorf called him.

Colin turns to the stallion. "Do you want me to call you that, too? Lenaigrima?"

Lenaigrima actually seems to nod.

"Okay then. Lenaigrima, will you be my horse?" Colin asks. Another near nod from the horse.

I turn to the four shocked men still standing back. "How much for the horse?" I ask.

"You...you can keep the devil." One of them replies, throwing the equipment our way. "We don't want anything to do with him."

I sigh as they run away and pick up the necessities they left. Walking over to horse and rider, I can already see their growing bond. I quickly teach Colin how to saddle and ready the horse. Then I help him get on and lead Lenaigrima around the track. The stallion surprises me by knowing when Colin starts to fall off and helping him stay on. I smile at the image. All I could wonder is how long the world will stay perfect.