France, 1789 [flashback]

1789, Paris, France.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bonjour mademoiselle. I'm lord Kol" he smiled at Katherine.

"It's a pleasure to meet you my lord" she smiled back and curtsy.

"Are you thirsty? You look like you could use a drink" Kol asked.

"A drink would be nice" Katherine answered.

"Excuse me" Kol turned around and faced the lady behind him.

"This might hurt a bit, do not scream" the lady nodded and Kol turned to Katherine again.

"Here you go, drink" he said and pulled the lady closer to her.

Katherine stared at Kol. How did he knew that she was a vampire? Should she drink from this lady? The room was full of fancy french people. They would not notice it. She grabbed the lady's neck and drank from her, it tasted great. She stopped drinking and compelled the lady to leave and take care of her wound.

"Thank you. But how did you know?" she asked him.

"I'm a very old vampire. I can easily sense when there's another vampire in the room" he answered.

"How old exactly?" she laughed at him.

"Too old darling, you don't even wanna know. Can I have this dance?" he said and held out his hand.

"I'm sorry my lord, but I haft to say no" she said.

Katherine walked away. Before she left the room she looked back and smiled a Kol. He ran after her, out into the garden. Katherine stopped walking when she saw him coming.

"Katherine Pierce. You forgot something" he said and kissed her passionately.

Then he stepped back and showed her a silver necklace with a blue stone inside. It was hers, she had worn it for the past 100 years. She reached for it and tried to get it back. He vamp speeded to the other side of the garden.

"Meet me in the castle tomorrow and you may get it back" he said and disappeared in the dark.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their relationship kept going on for months. They had the time of their lives, doing crazy stuff and killing random people on the streets of Paris. They also went to fancy royal balls, town festivals and basically every event together. But then one night in July 1789 the french revolution started and Katherine ran away from France, leaving Kol behind and never looked back until now.

-

SO THIS IS HOW KOL AND KATHERINE MET. I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. PLEASE REVIEW AND TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO BETTER.

XOXO MY