the ball [part 2]

"I'm Katherine Pierce" she gave him a cute little fake smile and he kissed her hand.

"So what do you say? One dance can't hurt you darling" he said and lifted an eyebrow.

"Sure, why not" Katherine said.

They walked to the dance floor and the violins started playing again. They danced without talking. She remembered him clearly from her past, didn't he? Of course he remembered her, but he pretended that he didn't. Why? He sure must remember her name. He already knew it before he talked to her for the first time.

"I need to go" she said and walked away from Kol.

Katherine could not tell anyone about her past with Kol, especially not Elijah. She had returned to Mystic Falls to get him back and she didn't know how he would react. She walked out of the mansion and got back to the Salvatore house.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning boys" Katherine smiled at Stefan and Damon.

"What is it about this morning that makes it good? I mean you're here" Damon said.

"That's what makes it good Damon. And where is my precious little doppelgänger Elena? Did she got herself in trouble yesterday, as always? Not that I care, but you two do care for some reason" Katherine walked away and laughed at her own words.

Katherine went down to the basement to get herself a blood bag. She opened the frigde and took out one of them. She drank it and looked around. There were pictures everywhere, old pictures. She picked up one of them from the floor. It was a picture of Stefan, Rebekah and Klaus from the 1920's. She remembered that time, she used to watch over Stefan for a long time. But he never knew about it. Maybe Elijah wouldn't be so mad if she told him about her time with Kol. Elena didn't get mad when she found out about Stefan and Rebekah. But Kol was Elijah's little brother after all, so she decided to start act like Kol and pretend that she had forgot about it. She put down the photo and went up the stairs. Suddenly her phone rang.

"Hello Katerina" Elijah said.

"Hey Elijah. I just thought about going to the mansion, to see you" Katherine smiled.

"Actually that's what I wanna talk about. Would you like to come to dinner at our house tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah sure, that would be great. I need to catch up with Rebekah. Will Klaus be there too?" She asked nervously.

"I will keep him away from you Katerina, I promise" Elijah answered.

"Thank you Elijah your words always make me feel safer" Katherine said, and she really meant it.

"I'll see you at six then?" He said.

"Yes. See you then" She ended the call. Then she walked up to her room and picked up some really nice clothes to wear tonight.

"Are you going anywhere?" Stefan stood at the door.

"Actually I'm going to the mansion tonight" She answered.

"Have Elijah thrown himself at you yet?" He laughed.

"Nope. Why would he?" She sat down on her bed and looked at Stefan.

"He's madly in love with you Katherine. I don't know why, but he is for some strange reason. I guess devils can be loved" Stefan said.

"You and Damon loved me, remember?" She stood up and sighed.

"That wasn't love Katherine. It was mental instability and compulsion" He said and walked away laughing.

-

THANKS FOR READING THIS CHAPTER TOO AND I HOPE THAT YOU LIKE THE STORY.

XOXO MY