Who's The Sour Puss Now?

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

A/n: Look at the attached picture for more detail on the pendant.

***

Ch13: Who's The Sour Puss Now?

Day 75

I wake up to the second worst day ever.

My birthday.

That's right. I'm officially twenty-four and I couldn't care less.

Although thinking of if better today can be both the best day and the worst day at the same time.

The best day because today me and Sam met at a small bakery exactly seven years ago. I was seventeen and he was twenty.

*
My birthday's today and I can't believe I'm turning seventeen. Just one more year before I'm officially an adult.

"Just tell me where you want to go," my driver says politely. His name's William and he's amazing. Will pretends to be all business, but I know he's a giant teddy bear hidding under a suit.

"Take me to Tina's bakery in Fidel street please," I smile hoping he won't question my doings.

"Your mother would disapprove of such a place," Will frowns and I smirk.

"My mother isn't here Will," I say and I see him smile amused before turning on the ignition and beginning to drive.

~~~

"Thank you Will," I hug him and I feel his body go rigid, but he relaxes after a few seconds.

"Anytime Miss," he nods and I roll my eyes at him.

"Don't call me miss," I frown "it makes me feel old."

"Sorry Miss," he shakes his head "but I would feel uncomfortable calling you anything else. I know my place."

I hate that comment.

I know my place.

My mother always tell me to know my place which she claims is above the staff, but I think otherwise.

"We're all in the same place here Will," I frown even more "and money doesn't make me or anyone else above you. Please always remember that when talking to me."

"I will," he smiles, a wide grin and it's the first time I've seen him do so around me. He seems to catch my amusement and immediately returns to his all business maneuver.

"Be back in a few," I tell him before walking into the Tina's bakery. Everything smells delicious and I see all the different shapes and flavored cakes in display.

"Can I help you?" an older women stands behind the glass counter holding the cakes.

"Yes," I smile "I would like a chocolate cookies and cream cake please."