Chapter 20

After Blair was done showing Lena the ins and outs of the pack house, they headed to the kitchen to grab some snacks. They pretty much packed both of their arms full with food, and drinks. There was so much they needed to talk about. They didn't want to be interrupted for any reason, and hunger being one of them. Walking up the two flight of stairs was a little challenging as they try to keep everything balanced in their arms. Thankfully the bedroom door was open so they could walk right in without having to put anything down. As soon as the girls enter the room, Blair kicked her foot out behind her hitting the door hard enough for it to shut.

"Where do you want me to put this stuff?" Lena asks trying not to move her mouth to much, because her chin was holding the bag of chips in place.

"Bed" Blair answers quickly walking over to it dropping everything on the enormous bed. Both girls wasted no time jumping onto the comfy mattress, and digging into the goodies.

"So, fill me in on everything. Starting with why you seemed miserable before we got to the party" Lena tells Blair before putting a scoop of peanut butter in her mouth.

"Yes well, apparently, my parents, along with both my brothers are going out of town for a while. They are still working on some case, and have a strong lead. Seeing how they just got back home from being away for a month. I wanted to go this time. They said I couldn't go, because I need to finish school, and begin training. I was upset that they were leaving me alone for who knows how long this time" She paused a moment popping a chip in her mouth.

"I know how much you love your family, and that you feel left out. But you have me and the rest of the family" Lena says trying to be positive. "And don't forget a mate, who isn't too bad to look at" she adds winking trying to lighten the mood.

"I know, I'm starting to feel better" Blair replies giving her cousin a reassuring smile.

"Okay, now on to the party" Lena perks up.

"So, at the party when everyone found where they were seating. I started to look for you. I caught this amazing mouthwatering scent, and followed it. The closer I got, the stronger the scent became. I started get this feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I could tell it wasn't a bad feeling. My entire body including my wolf were on high alert to find the source of this scent. That's when I ran into the most breathtaking amber color eyes I've ever seen" Blair explained looking all dreaming, but continued on. "When my eyes took on the rest of him I knew I never seen a more attractive man in my life. I looked back to his eyes as he reached out and touched his hand to my cheek. He looked at me like I was his most prize possession to him, then whispered 'mate'. Hearing that one word sent a shiver of delight down me, and I knew he was definitely my other half."

Lena listened to her cousin's story in awe, and was happy that she found her mate. For a brief moment, she felt a ping of jealously. She replayed how her run in with her mate was, and it wasn't heart pounding as Blair's. Even though they came a long way since then, she still wishes she didn't have to sneak around to be with him. Maybe soon, now that Blair's mate is in the same pack as her mate. She can finally be with him like mates should be, but something deep down had her thinking otherwise. Once Blair was done day dreaming of recalling her run in with Ashton, she went on with the rest of the story. "I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't hear someone calling my name. I was yanked away bringing me back to my senses, and that's when I saw Keith growling at Ashton telling him to stay away from his pack members. From there things got out of hand as you know"

Both girls kept picking through the food as Lena filled Blair in about her attack. Which brought up the question Blair has been dying to ask.

"So, don't you think it's weird how Damian protected you that day?"