What a Day

The metallic taste of blood could already be felt in her mouth when she looked up to see the girl and the two boys that were around her. She broke the eye contact with them to inspect her now ruined blue dress with white outlines around the borders of it. Little bruises could be seen on her face and arms from the hits that she had received.

"Oh, bu-uuuuh, princess Butterfly is hurt, are you about to cry?" The green eyed, blonde haired boy asked. Kids can be very cruel at times.

"No huge knights to protect you anymore! Feeling all superior and stuff. Just because she is a Pri-ncess" said the brown haired girl.

"Com'on, don't you know how to fight? You will SURELY be a great queen, hahahaahaha!!" the last boy spat sarcastically.

"Of course I can fight..." Star said, holding back tears. "I just don't want to beat your butts and get into troubles" she smiled with a lot of effort.

This will not end well. She was surrounded, the kids were part of the poor quarters of the Kingdom. She wanted to play with them, but instead was met with a kick in the mouth. Literally. They were saying things like unfairness of family classes and such, things that she didn't really get. The only thing she knew is that she was going to be beaten to unconsciousness by these kids, and she wouldn't be able to defend herself. If only she hadn't skip the sword lesson the week before in exchange of hanging out with Pony Head.
The kids started to approach her, the girl going behind her, forcing her to stand up and pushing her torwards the two boys.

"Ouch!" Star protested as on of the boys pulled her hair and the other one twisted her arm, forcing her to kneel.

"Now you will kneel before us, princess." The girl said. "Kiss my boot"
"No!! That's disgusting!"

A slap across the face. "I-I will not-" Another slap. Her head was being forced to lower, almost reaching the boot.

As her lips were about to touch the tip of the girl's boot, she suddenly felt her head less pressured and found her hair liberated from the previous grip. When she turned, her eyes brighten, a huge teethed smile appearing in the center of her face.

"Nova!!" Star exclaimed, forcingly standing up, reaching for her cousin. Apparently he had thrown a small rock to the blond boy that then bounced on the other's boy head, hitting them both.

"You ok, Starlight?" Nova queried Star. Her 4 years older cousin had come to rescue her once again. Even though this time, he was visibly angrier.

"What the prickles man?! That could actually leave a mark!" The blond protested.

"You do know that hurting the princess is a crime, payed with jail time, right?" Nova asked, piercing the three kids eyes with his own by giving them a menacing look.

"So what? Does it look like we care?!" The girl said, raising her arms.

"Well then... I'll make you care."

Star only stared as her cousin moved as fast as a hungry wolf chasing its prey, beginning the fight by giving the first punch to the blond kid on his right, avoiding a hit from the back that came from the brown hair boy and kicking the girl in the stomach.
With two of them down he approached the only kid standing, which in turn, picked a rock. With desperate need, the kid lunged for Nova, aiming to hit his head with the made-up weapon. But failed. Not because he missed, but because her cousin stopped it with his hand, overpowering him with sheer strength.
With a quick movement, he manage to flip the kid from his back and making him land on the blond kid who was still on the ground.

"Kids can be cruel they say. I'll show you how cruel they can be." Once he said that last sentence, he approached the blond kid, the one that was holding Star's face down. He punched him. Again. Again and again. Over and over. Nova's hand was starting to turn red. From blood. The kid's blood.