Chapter 4 - Art Project

Liz's P.O.V.

I entered art class after saying goodbye to Harry. I saw Niall, Niall who I bumped in to, Niall who's part of the football team and now Niall, my partner in the art project. Ms. Johnson repeated the instructions for the art project and gave us the success criteria, she then announced that this period will be used to conference with our partners. I walked over to Niall and said Hi. 

"Hey Niall!, I guess your stuck with me for this project" I said teasingly.

He smiled.

It's the smile of an angel if you asked me.

"So erm, where do we start?" Niall said looking at me.

"Um, what's the best way to get to know people? .... asking questions?" I suggested.

"Alright. So um, what's your favourite colour?" Niall asked.

" Indigo, i think it represents fairness. You know, it's kinda like blue but with purple in it, it's purple, but with blue in it. I really don't know why I like it, but whenever I think about it, it makes me think about power, justice, to be exact." 

"Wow, that's deep" he smiled then laughed a little

He looked at me in the eyes and I felt there was this brief second where everything paused.

" Well, how 'bout you?" i finally asked.

" The colour of your eyes" he said

"huh?"

"I- i mean, green, green is cool. I think it's great." he replied.

Niall's P.O.V.

"The colour of your eyes"? I'm such an idiot. The last thing I need her to think is that im a weirdo. Well what can I do? Her eyes are so beautiful. She's so perfect.

"Niall? Niall! " Liz said.

"Huh?"

"Soo?"

"Um what?"

"I asked you, what's your favourite food?"

"Oh umm, chicken, pizza, anything basically, But food from Nandos is the best,"

" Wow thats a lot of food" Liz giggled.

" Well how about you?" I asked

" I like sweets and anything that can be fried basically, I know, I'm fat right" she said laughing

her laugh is the most amazing thing, i'd do anything just to hear her laugh.

"Fat? ha no, unhealthy maybe" I said teasing her

"Wow, said the guy who eats "chicken, pizza and anything basically" " Liz replied

We laughed. And then continued asking quetions to each other till the bell rang.

She then said by to me. 

" I was kinda sad when she did. I mean, this is like longest conversation we've had. But anyway, I guess we'll have plenty of time to talk because of the project. I love art. Let's just get this day over with, I still have football practice afterall. " I said walking towards my next class.

---------END OF SCHOOL----------

After football practice, I immediately went home. I still can't stop thinking about Liz. I mean I always think about her but this time it's different, I don't know. I've been crushing on her since kindergarten, I've known her since kindergarten, but she, I guess I was invisible back then. Is it weird that I still remember what happened when I first met her? I mean, it was recess and we were playing in the playground, I was holding my juice box when she was running and bumped into me. The juicebox spilled in my pants and everyone laughed at me, accusing me of peeing my pants. She went infront of me and told everyone I didn't pee, everyone knows I didn't but it was always better to laugh at someone I guess, so they still continued to tease me. She ran and went to her lunch bag and grabbed her juicebox, she opened it and spilled it in her dress. "Well I peed too" she declared. Everyone suddenly laughed at her, and the class entitled us as the "Pee couple" I guess, it was kind of funny. But then she walked over to me and apologized, she told me that she felt really bad and she gave me a kiss on the cheek. I guess that's all I could remember. We never talked again after that, I guess she doesnt remember me anymore.

" Niall, someone's here for you!" my mom yelled.

" Hold on, Im coming down" I replied.

I put on a tank top and sweat pants and went downstairs.

" Liz? what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well I got free time now and I was bored so I figured we could work on the art project?" she replied

" I guess, but how'd you know where I lived?" 

" Liam told me, I was actually surprised when he told me your house was near mines, so I just went over"

" Oh, so where do you want to work? im so sorry but my room's kind of a mess right now" I said shyly

" I guess we could go to the park, you know? get some fresh air as well"

"Alright"