Chapter Six

Chapter six

Darren's P.O.V

Watching Helena running through the woods in Cat form was, well, amazing. They’re no words to describe it. Her feline body darting in and out of the trees. Her eye's narrowed as she was stalking her prey. You can never decide let alone tell a non-shifter about the rush and feeling of hunting in animal form. Becoming your animal sets your soul free, your life become simple. All you need is food and sleep.

Others find it horrible in animal form some find it great. Some remember what they do some don't. Becoming your animal is different for each person. Some find it great pain whilst changing others find it a breeze. But becoming a Panther is the hardest of all.

Most Panthers have died out because of hunting but others because life of a Panther is lonely, without any others of your kind teaching you the ways, so many end their life’s before they have even began.

Helena's parents were lucky to find each other and be mates. Werewolves find it hard to find mates and there are a few million of us in the world. But with Panthers it’s harder. The only known Panther is Helena. We must protect her for all it's worth. No one shall hurt her.

But I have to say good luck to her, she's our last chance.

_______________________________________________________________________________ 

Helena Clare's P.O.V

The sunlight peeking through the tree woke me up with a start. I was hugging someone, or something. I opened on lid at a time to reveal what I was hugging so tightly.

The deer I was bear hugging had its guts covering me like a blanket of gore. I gagged. The smell was sickening. I moved the guts off my naked body and stood. I had a gash mark from the bottom of my left beast to my bellybutton.

"What the hell?" I muttered. Someone clearing their throat brought me back to reality. Darren was standing there, stark naked I might add. I covered my eyes with my hands, my god why did he have to just stand there with everything 'hanging loose' gag. He threw a blanket at me; I grabbed it tightly and wrapped it around myself. I want to keep my modesty. I raised my eyebrow at him. He looks around to see what I'm talking about. Then he finally realizes that I mean that I wasn't happy that he was just standing there naked.

He covered himself up. "You've gotta get used to it. Everyone round here lets 'everything' hang loose."

"Well they might but I don't. BTW what happened to me I don't remember ANYTHING!" I stamped my foot to add to it.

He sat down on the forest floor. "Well sit down then." He huffed. I did as he said and sat facing him. "Well... do you remember attacking Dylan?" I nodded. "Well okay, I dragged you out to the woods you changed, you tried to attack me but you missed and I clawed you. That's the cut, and then you munched a little on a deer then went beddy byes." He ran his hand through his hair.

"Well sorry for attacking you and I hate you for marking me for life." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah when you get a mate he anit gonna be too happy about me clawing you. But mine isn't gonna like it too, so we're even." He winked stood up and held his hand out to help me up. I took it and started walking back to the house.

Everything seemed clearer and brighter now. I even saw the wings of fellow woodland creatures moving in sync. Well I'll never get used to this. As we were walking I was thinking about what Darren said... OMG he said he had a mate!

"Jesus Christ of all things holy!" Darren turned and raised an eyebrow at me. "You said you had a mate! Who is it?" He shook his head and carried on walking. I stopped and trapped my foot on the ground. I knew he could hear because he's ear's picked up. "I anit leaving until you spill the gossip beans."

He huffed and turned to look at me. "You can't tell a soul okay?" I nodded, fair enough. "Georgia." He mumbled. I couldn't believe it! I put my hand to my ear to make him say it again. He growled. "GEORGIA!" He shouted this time. I laughed.

"I know, I heard the first time." I winked at him and spirited back to the house. Georgia, she seemed a nice enough girl. I better tell her to be good to him or she'll be severed on a fork!

I, some how, reached the house before Darren so I decided to get in the shower. Locking the door of chooses, you can't believe how many times one person can walk in on you! I quickly washed myself, minding my new cut. Should I get it checked out? It didn't seem that bad, I'll check once I'm finished in the shower.

As I got out the shower I wiped the cloudy mirror to check out my new battle scar. As I looked at it with my new vision I saw it, slowly, closing up. I gasped and rubbed my eyes. It was really healing! I ran my finger across my new pink scar. How is that possible... wait I'm a Panther how is that possible. I flicked myself in my head, idiot of course I'll heal quickly I'm awesome! I laughed at my own little joke to be cut off by a knock at the door.

"HURRY UP CLARE!" Darren shouted from the other side of the door.

"NO you... dinosaur pervert!" I have to say that was pretty good for me. Darren laughed. I could hear his brain working, trying to beat my awesome brilliant magical-

"Get out Clare or I'll tell your brother about the time you-" He would have finished it but I had quickly grabbed my towel, wrapped it around me, and jumped out of the bathroom then finally pushing Darren to the floor. I straddled him and placed my hand over his mouth. He was trying to say something but my hand was buffering it.

I would've kicked Darren in the ass and gave him a few things to think about but I heard a gasp from behind me. I looked behind me to see Georgia. What? Then it clicked. I was in a towel, my hand covering Darren's mouth and I was straddling him.

Holy Cat noodles! She was his mate and she thought we were getting it 'off' in the hallway. Com'on, I have class! I stood up and put my hands up.

"We weren't doing anything!" I heard Darren getting up from behind me. Georgia's eyes were glassy as she was going to cry. I was about to say something but Darren cut me off.

"Georgie, I promise nothing is going on!" She shook her head and turned round then walked down the hall. Darren looked at me for help.

"Go after her you dinosaur perv!" I whispered. He nodded then went after Georgia. Poor girl, I know how she feels.

I must have been standing there for a while because I was brought back by a hand on my shoulder. I turned round to see an unknown face. His hand connected with mine, everything went black.

________________________________________________________________________________

Whats gonna happen? I have to tell you I dont even know whats gonna happen! I'll TRY to upload this weekend if not Monday!

Caseye xxxx

P.S check out my new book 'Three of a supernatural kind' its about a witch and her Vampire & Werewolf brother! x