Keegan

[A/N: I know I skip time too much, but can you really blame me if you ship these two as much as I do and this is my own damn story]

-

It had been a month since Daniella and I had started talking and she really was an amazing person, I was incredibly glad we had gotten over the slight differences we had. I still hadn't managed to tell her why I had originally missed school or where my mother was whenever she came over to my house. Luca has also become friends with her, and he always teased me about her blushing and my sexual comments.

I was currently at Luca's house, speaking with his father while we waited for Luca to get home.

"Okay well I am not going to wait much longer," Geoffrey said and I nodded in agreement

"We want you to move in Kay" Luca said coming into the room and my eyes widened, although I had expected it some time I was glad I had finally come to senses with my emotions and wasn't a wreck anymore.

I, of course, missed my mother but I liked to remember her in positive ways, she was always taking care of me and I could only repay her back by being a good daughter with or without her here.

"Are you serious? Of course" I said, "Thank you so much, I owe everything to you both"

They both came over to give me a hug and it was official. I had to go through a bunch of paperwork, however, the first thing on my mind was my mom's burial. My mother wanted to be buried in the local cemetery White Oak Memorial Gardens was the name of it. It was a beautiful name for such a dark thing. I liked the think about cemeteries as a place to reconnect with the ones you have lost. The burial was to be held tomorrow since it was a Friday and I would have the weekend to recover slightly.

I called Daniella and I had planned on telling her, so I invited her over to my house to talk a bit and I asked her for help since I needed to pack my things and move soon.

She came over shortly after the phone call ended and I greeted her into my house and we started talking about the previous week.

"So what's up?" She finally asked and I put down the box I had been holding.

"I wanted to finally tell you where my parents are, and why we're packing" I began "I trust you, and I hope you do the same to me" I smiled before starting off. "Well first thing my father died when I was only two years old so I don't remember much of him. But my mother raised me, and last month she died of Leukemia. And that's why I missed so much time when we were assigned that project. I wasn't just skipping and I was still bitter and sad to tell many people. Also, the burial is tomorrow and I wanted to know if you wanted to come with Luca and me?"

I let her process everything because I knew it was a lot to take it. She had a sad look on her face, yet she didn't say anything just yet. She pulled me into a tight hug which I gladly returned.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, and that your mom isn't here anymore," She said sympathy laced in her voice. I was happy I had finally told her, and I felt a weight being lifted from my shoulders. I hated keeping things from people, and that was something big.

"Also I'm moving in with Luca and his father, they're like family to me and I don't have any family" I added and she nodded,

"So this is why we're packing I assume?" To which I nodded and with that we began to place things in boxes.

-

We had danced around to my music and I had broken a picture frame that was hanging on the wall. I grabbed the picture from the frame and started cleaning up the broken glass.

"Here," She said handing me a bag with all the trash we had collected from each room.

Thanking her I placed the pieces of glass inside of it and closed it. We were finally done packing and the house looked empty. The furniture had already been moved, and some of the bigger pieces had been sold or stayed with the house as it would get sold.

It was a painful thing to move out of your childhood house but at the same time I felt relieved that I could leave the bad memories and take the good ones with me. It was a relief and I felt a sense of freedom packing everything up and moving them.

"Well is that everything?" She asked as we sat on the living room floor surrounded by various boxes and I nodded looking around, I then saw one of the boxes had the picture frame I had found weeks earlier.

I smiled sadly and grabbed it flipping through some of the pages when Daniella stopped me at one photo,

"Was that your parents?" She asked at a photo of my dad twirling my mother around as they danced in the rain. I nodded happy tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"I want to do that someday," I said probably sounding cliche, "Dance in the rain" I smiled and she rubbed my arm slightly and we went through some of my baby pictures. My happy tears turned into laughter.