Daniella

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring Call Me Maybe no offense to Carly Rae Jepsen, but I did not want to wake up to her voice in the morning. I sighed turning over in my bed so I was propped up on my side, I grabbed my phone and shut off the alarm and scrolled through my Instagram feed.

I looked at some of my messages that I had received over the night, two from Ricky and one from Craig. I almost gagged as I saw the messages, they were all dirty sexts from the night before. I rolled my eyes, deleting them and I didn't bother to answer them.

I got up from my previous position and stretched my arms above my head and I walked over to my curtains and opened them slowly, to make sure the light wouldn't blind me. I looked outside the window to see Alex, my step brother returning from his run. I walked over to my dresser, examining myself in the mirror. A permanent frown plastered on my face, I wanted to look good for the first day back to school from break.

I picked out a simple yet nice outfit and I decided against wearing anything too flashy. I walked over to my bathroom, yes I had my own bathroom. My parents were never home, but they thought they could make up for their absence by buying my things. And I acted as though it was enough, for them to just give me money whenever I wanted it. But all I wanted was real parents.

Instead, I was left alone with Alex. He honestly was a douche, and I could barely call him my brother. He was my father's son when he had an affair and my mother forgave him because she believed he wouldn't cheat again. Yet I had caught him, and he paid me to keep my mouth shut. However when I told my mom she was in denial and didn't believe me so I gave up trying to warn her about him.

I put up my hair into a shower cap and I walked into the shower, after making sure the door was locked. Who knows when that perv could walk into the bathroom because he 'didn't know I was in there' although he had done it before my parents hadn't believed me either so I tried avoiding him at all costs.

After showering and making sure I had reached every inch of my skin, I rinsed off my body and walked out of the shower. I wrapped the large fluffy towel I had grabbed from the small cupboard in the washroom. I went over to the sink and I brushed my teeth and washed my face while I was at it. I examined myself in the mirror before drying off and getting my outfit on.

I plugged in my curling iron and made sure my hair had been flawlessly curled, and I started my makeup. Although I loved dressing up, I couldn't be bothered with much makeup.

Once I had perfected my look I walked out of the bathroom and made my way to the kitchen to make some breakfast. I made myself some tea and grabbed some money from the 'lunch jar' my parents put money for our lunches and I just saved it and made myself a lunch. It was like an allowance, for putting up with their shit.

I grabbed a slice of bread and put it in the toaster as I made myself a lunch. After eating my food, I made my way to the bathroom near the kitchen and brushed my teeth once more, and made my way out the door. I sighed in relief as I made it out of the house without bumping into Alex. I then heard a car horn and saw it was Kelsey, one of my friends.

We were nothing alike, other than the fact that both of our parents were rich. I always felt fake around her, because I wasn't acting like I normally would. But I stuck with her because I couldn't lose my reputation or my family would probably disown me or something ridiculous.

The only downside to having a rich family was that they cared about their own lives more than anyone, and they cared about having a perfect family even though it was filled with flaws.

After a meaningless conversation about Kelsey's last one-night stand I was excited to get to school, I hated sleeping around. Even though I did it, it was because I was in denial. Although I could barely admit that to myself, let alone other people.

I made my way into the school not bothering to wait for that girl wearing heels, I made my way to my locker and I grabbed my colorful binders and made my way to my first class of the day, Calculus.

I loved math unlike other people my age, and just any other girl like me. I was superficially stereotypical yet I was a huge nerd on the inside and I was proud of that, not that anyone would find out. I think the main thing that had bothered me arriving to high school, was that because you look or act a certain way you are immediately placed under a label and it's hard to break that reputation without being judged for it.

I was a mean girl, although I would never willingly hurt anyone. I was genuine it just wasn't shown because of the stigma I had received.

I walked into my math class and sat down next to Emily, a really nice girl, but she thought I was a mean girl, because again labels. But we shared small talk as we sat next to each other every day.

I pulled out my pencil and started taking notes before the teacher began the lesson, I was always prepared and organized. Just the way I liked things.