Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Tanners POV

For a month we worked out together. Two days a week like plained. If we weren't working out we were seeing a movie or playing basketball. We hung out everyday for four weeks. Jim didn't go to collage like he was supposed to because his father wanted him to stay for the finishing of the gym, then he was free to go. You dont know how thankful I am for that. There is only one more week until he leaves, and to be honest I dont know what to do. I grew so attached to him, we're like best friends now. I learned all about his mom and his feelings towards his dad. He didnt entirely open up to me, but the occasional "dude I fucking hate him" popped up a every other day. We dont really talk about him leaving that much, but he is starting to mention all the packing he has to do. "Hey Tanner. Lets run first today." Jim said to me. I just realized I was standing at the entrance of the gym thinking about all of this. "Yeah okay." We headed over to the treadmills and started our usual thirty minute sprint. "Hey....is something.... Wrong? Your being quiet today. " He said in between breaths. I turned off my machine and walked off towards the steam room hallway. "Tanner?" I heard as I walked further down the hallway. Jim grabbed my shoulders and stopped me. "Look at me." I turned around to look at him. Our eyes are perfectly leveled, just another reason to stair into them. "Whats wrong Ms. Pissy Pants." He asked me with a smile in his face. Seriously? "Are you fucking kidding me Jim? 'Whats wrong?' You know why I'm fucking torn apart!" I screamed in his face. He flinched every time my voice increased. "What are you talking about? I didn't do a damn thing Tanner!" He yelled back at me. I felt my eyes tear up but I closed them and controlled myself. "Your leaving, Jim. Im never going to see you again. How do you think that makes me feel?" I said, my voice lowered. "So now your mad that I'm going to live my life? That I want to do something more than live her and work out the rest of my life?!" He stepped closer to me and I could feel the heat of his body. I finally realized that this is our first fight. "Now your putting words in my mouth and you know it." I spat at him. Im furious! He cant use my feelings against me! "Why do you care so much? You just met me anyways. What do you.... Do you have some sort of crush on me?! Is that what it is?" Jim shouted still stepping closer to me. "Ohh buddy you fucking wish dont you? Whats your problem? Who said I cared so much? Man I wish I knew you were a prick. Yeah a prick. Im not going to miss the fucking air you breathe Jim! Im not going to miss working out with you, or those disgusting tennis shoes you wear! Im not gong to miss your laugh or your smile or that stupid fucking birthmark on your neck! Im defiantly not going to miss your sparkling eyes or your-" I was cut of when I was pushed up against the wall and a pair of soft, tasty lips were squished against mine. Jim's hands were clutching my face and his lips moved slowly against mine and I placed my hands under his arms. His grasp on my face loosened and his fingers started to play with my hair. Wow. This was happening to me. The one thing I've been dreaming about every night was coming to life and the feelings were insane. It was then I realized I loved Jim. I loved him so so much that it scared me that I could fall in love with someone so fast. Not just someone but a MAN that I was falling in love with. What would people think if we opened up to them now? I can see most people feel disgust or hatred. That just isn't fair. I slowly walked forward as Jim and I were still kissing. He bumped against another wall and he ran his hands down my sides to my waist. I moved my hands up his chest and clawed my way down it. Jim moaned and broke off the kiss. We were both breathing heavily as our heads rested on the other's. "Someone could of.... Seen that. Im not a fan of public boners." Jim murmured as I laughed. I looked back at Jim to see him blushing as he looked at the ground. "That was so... So unexpected." I really wanted to say "amazing" or "fantastic" but that would make me sound a lot like my sister. "Yeah, uh, sorry about that." He said still looking at the ground. "You mean your sorry for ending it? Because I'm pissed Jim. That could of lasted a lot longer and you know it." He chuckled and looked at me again. There we go. Those beautiful hazel eyes. "Yeah I guess it could of." He said walking closer to me. We stood there smiling and looking at each other. "Jim! Hey Jim! A little help?" David asked as he came down the hallway with a stack of towels taller than him. Jim walked over and grabbed half of them. "Thanks man, the door to the left is where these need to go." They walked off down the hall as I stood there. I dont think I've ever been so confused in my life! I mean, I feel something for this kid, but we aren't even dating! He doesn't know I what I think of him, or how much I think of him. He walked out of the steam room with David and he was blushing like mad. "Aren't you guys supposed to be pressing now? You know the benching room gets packed at twelve." David said as he walked down the hall. "Come on. Lets go then." I said as I walked out of the hallway. We walked into the benching room and benched like we did every Wednesday. At one point I completely stopped what I was doing to watch Jim breeze through his two hundred. When he set the weights down he looked over and me and stared back. "You know, that was kind of.... Hot Jim. Actually it was very hot." He stuttered and tried to respond with a "what" or a "thanks" but failed miserably. I laughed and got up and sat on the same press as him. "Would you like to go to lunch with me?" He asked me. "Jim, we do that everyday." I stated. "I know but a real lunch." He said slowly. "A real lunch? Do you mean a date?" I questioned. "Yeah. A date." He said with a smile. "Yeah. Lets head out. Im hungry." I said as I stood up and walked towards the door. He followed me as we walked out smirking and glancing at each other the whole time.