Chapter 40- Trigger

"We fucked up," I tell the girls during our private party at my crib.

"We should have never made that hit at Da Club. I liked Bishop. That short time we were together was fun.Why couldn't he just sit still and let us take the money? Now we got to worry about the wrath of his sister.

I won't be surprised if she pulls a one-eighty and focuses her army on us. We were good as long as VD were getting the brunt of their attacks—but killing the bitch's brother?" I shake my head and lean over the glass table to inhale a line of coke.

The shit hits my brain like a locomotive and leaves my mind blown. Behind me, Jaqorya and Sharcardi are already passed out.

"Goddamn, Trigger," Shariffa complains. "Don't you start on me with that shit, too. Lynch is already riding my last nerve. We did what we had to do. Ain't nobody's fault that nigga Bishop got all swoll over a couple of Benjamins. That shit is on him. If he had checked his fuckin' ego, and not try to test bitches, his ass would still be sucking air right now."

"Damn straight," Brika cosigns before pushing me aside so that she can snort a line.

I hear what they're saying, but I can't help but feel that this is no ordinary fuckup. Not when it comes to dealing with Lucifer. Muthafuckas say that you will never see her ass coming. Brika pulls her head up and wipes her nose.

"If you ask me, if anybody fucked up, it was your ass, Trig."

"Me?"

"Yeah, you. You didn't have to break that slob off no pussy. That was why he was so hot. He didn't give a fuck about that chump change on the table. That nigga was wide open because he got played in front of his boys. Niggas don't like it when bitches pimp their asses. All you had to do was just tease his ass like we said. He would've been pissed but he would've kept the right side of his head."

True. "Whatever." Brika cocks her head. "You're just mad because your ass got sprung on that nigga."

"And you're mad because I got your ass sprung." I flash her my titties.

"Don't start nothing your ass can't finish," Brika warns.

Shariffa reaches over and splashes Ciroc into her glass and then downs the shit as if it was water. "Bottom line: we've been poking a stick in the Cartel Lords' eyes for a while now. If they come with it, then we'll come harder. Like I told Lynch, we can't win the war for the streets without fighting a battle. Think about how easy that shit was the other night. I'm telling you, without Fat Ace holding them niggas down, the sky is the muthafuckin' limit. The same goes for the Vice Disciples. Snake got everybody from the FBI to Homeland Security checking for his ass, so it don't matter whether he's dead or not, he can't run shit, his niggas McGriff and KyJuan are both six feet under and sucking on the devil's dick. Their whole shit is on life support. Now it's our time to be on."

"I bet you're liking that shit."

"Damn straight. Karma is a bitch. The Vice Disciples can sit back and watch me ascend the throne with the Grape Street Crips." Brika laughs.

"Girl, you're ambitious as hell."

"But you're ridin' with me though, right?"

"All day, every day—but I don't think this shit is gonna stay easy."

"Why?" Brika hesitates.

Shariffa jumps on her. "Look, bitch. I'm too fuckin' drunk right now to try to read your mind."

"All right. I didn't want to say nothing, but I thought I saw someone in Da Club the other night."

"Who?"

"It was this raw dawg I met in Atlanta a ways back. A green-eyed gangsta that goes by the name of Diesel."

The color drains from Shariffa's face. "Diesel?"

"What? Do you know him?" I ask.

"I don't know if we're talking about the same person, but Snake has a cousin named Diesel in Atlanta."

"Well, the nigga I'm talking about has the ATL on lock. No weight moves and no fuckin' bodies drop without his say-so."

"Shit." Shariffa looks sick.

"I take it we're talking about the same nigga then?" Shariffa nods.

"But what the fuck is he doing here?"

"Reinforcement," I chime in. "Your ex ain't going down without a fight. If he got mean connects like this Diesel muthafucka, then you're gonna have to put your plans of a city takeover on pause."

Our private party now feels like a wake. The idea that we have to deal with Lucifer and Diesel, I keep coming to the same conclusion.

"We fucked up." This time, Shariffa and Brika nod in agreement.