Chapter 2

The day went by fast only getting pushed every now and then. When I was walking a truck came slowing down. I looked at the truck. Hope comes but is crushed again when he talks.

"Hey geek hurry up and get home you need to set up for the party." Evan says

Wait did they really remember my birthday?

"Yeah make sure there is a lot of food. We don't need people hungry at Ryder's party. Don't forget the alcohol either." Brittany says before they drive off.

Oh yeah Ryder's party is today. I should have never gotten my hopes up, they never remember my birthday; I keep walking to my house. I get there and go up to my room, put my book bag on my bed, grab my purse and go down stairs. I grab my brother's truck keys. He says I can only use it when I'm getting stuff for them.

I start driving to town because our house and the pack house are far in the woods so no one sees us in our wolf form.

I get to the store and get a cart after locking the truck. I get what I think they would want(since I always get it) and put it in the cart. I grabbed: chips, pretzels, candy bars, soda(for the people who don't drink) and a lot more.
After I pay(with my money might I add) I head to the liquor store. I grab all the alcohol I can and go up to the counter to pay. The dude is a werewolf so that helps me out. He looks at me and asks for my I.D.

"It's for Alpha Ryder."I tell him.

That's all I have to say for him to ring it up and let me pay. I head back to my house and set everything up. I put the chips and pretzels in a bowl; I stack the candy bars neatly. I also put the alcohol and soda in the fridge to get cold. I'm just getting done when I hear a cars pull up. I hurry and run to my room before they yell at me.

___

I can hear the music playing loud and wish I could go and join them. The last time I had to clean up the house with a hangover and I got beat up. So I tend to keep away from party's.

I look at the clock and see that it is 11:44. One more minute until my birthday. I hope I find my mate soon he won't let anything happen to me.

See when you turn 16 you are able to find your mate. A mate is someone that loves you. There like soul mates but more so than for humans.

"Elizabeth go get so more alcohol." Evan mind links me.

"Ok"

"Now"

I get dressed again and head down stairs. I get down there and start towards the door. I stop in my tracks when I smell the most amazing smell ever; like a wood and minty smell.I looked around and when my eyes met the most gorgeous pair of sea blue eyes that you could get lost in them, that it was my mate.

I force myself to look away from his eyes to look at who it is. I see who it is and I think my heart literally stops beating. It can't be him anyone but him.

Ryder James.