Chapter 7

Beth's Pov

I wake up with a really bad headache. I try to remember what happened but I can't. I look around and see a glass of water and two pills on the side table. I start reach for them, but I stop when I see the ring on my finger. Suddenly everything comes back to me. Hayden acting weird, him proposing, me saying yes, him telling me that my old pack is coming here, and then me fainting. He has to be joking right? They can't actually be coming. Why would they? 

After taking the pills I go take a shower, get dressed, and leave my room. I start to head towards Hayden's room when I hear a commotion in the kitchen, so I go check it out. What I see makes me laugh my butt off. I see Hayden, Taylor, and Tyler fighting over a bowel. They jump when they hear me laugh making the bowel fly out of their hands. What looks to be pancake batter going everywhere.

" What are y'all fighting about this time?" I ask

"I um wanted to make you some breakfast," says Hayden

"But you can't cook..." I say

"Which is exactly why we were trying to take the bowl from him, but he's to stubborn and insisted that he could do it himself," Taylor says.

"Hey!! I can make pancakes!" Hayden exclaims.

"The last time you tried you burnt the stove, and we had to go buy a new one," I point out to him.

"Whatever," he sulks.

"Why were you trying to make pancakes anyway?" I ask

"And that is our cue to leave," Tyler says dragging Taylor behind him.

"But I wanted to watch!!" Taylor whines.

"No"

"So.... What was that about?" I ask again.

"What do you remember about yesterday?" Hayden asks nervously .

"I remember you proposing, me saying yes, and than you telling me that my old pack is coming here."

"Okay..."

"Which I know is a joke right? Because you wouldn't let them come here right!?"

"Um.. well.... you see the thing is..."

"Hayden are you serious right now! Why? Why on earth are they coming here? You know what they did and how they treated me!"

"Yeah I know but I didn't really have much of a choice! They were attacked! They need somewhere to go, and we are the only ones they could turn too!" He yells at me.

"Ughhh I hate this they always ruin everything! I finally am happy and have everything I could dream of and they have to go and screw it up. Like they always do."

"Baby I know you hate this. Trust me I do too, but just because they are coming here doesn't mean they will ruin everything. You've changed. You aren't the same girl who let people run over you. You are a strong woman who can take care of yourself. You don't need to be afraid about them coming here because if they do something wrong, or start to mess with you, I have no doubt in my mind that you will hit them so hard that they won't think of doing it again."

"You're right! I'm a changed person. I don't take any crap from anyone!" I say

"That's my girl!" He says smiling

"I love you Hayden," I say while hugging him.

"I love you too," He tells me hugging me back.

"Oh! Before I forget I need to tell you something....," he starts but getting interrupted by a pack member.

"Alpha Hayden! Pack Red moon is here." They say.

"Ok thank you." He say

"Let go get this over with." I tell him.

When we get there we see basically the whole pack glaring at my old pack. I wasn't expecting what happened when we came into view. All I know is that one second I'm holding Hayden's hand than the next I'm in someone's arms. I know exactly who it is though, so I hug him back. I know he was a jerk to me, but not as much as the rest. I hear a throat clearing and a growl which makes me step out of my brothers arms.

"Elizabeth what are you doing here?"

"Who is this?"

"I'm so sorry!"  

 I look at each person who spoke. Only stopping at each person for a second, well except for the first person. He only deserves a half of a second, if that.

"Hayden I would like you to meet my brother Evan. Evan this is my fiancé Hayden."

"He is not you're fiancé!"  Ryder yells 

" He must certainly is! And who do you think you are to tell me who is and is not my fiancé? Huh?" I yell back

"I'm your MATE! You are MINE not his!" he growls out pointing at Hayden

" I am not yours! I was yours, but you lost the right to call me yours the minute you kissed that thing I called my sister! You lost that right WHEN YOU REJECTED ME!  So don't think for one second that I'm yours because I will never be yours." I yell before turning around and storming off.

Evan's Pov

"You told me she wasn't here. You told me that my mate didn't show up here!" Ryder yells at Hayden

"No I told you your mate didn't show up. I  told you the truth because no one should treat their mate the way you did!" he yells back

"You have no idea what you are talking about..,"

"Don't I? You don't think she hasn't told me what you did? What you all did to her! You all treated her like a piece of trash!"

While they continue to argue all I can do is stare at where she went. The guilt eating me alive. I prayed that I would find her, so that I could apologize to her. She may have hugged me back but that doesn't mean she has forgiven me, and I plan to do everything I can to make it up to her. I will get my sister back.