Chapter 1

Kathryn’s POV

As I stepped out of my car and ran through the heavy snowstorm, I texted my best friend, Makayla and told her I was right outside of Starbucks. We had made plans to meet here earlier this week for coffee so we could catch up. Unfortunately we picked a day when the snow was coming down heavily, there were severe weather warnings, but hopefully it wouldn’t get too bad.

I pulled on the handle of the Starbucks entrance, and as I stepped through, the bells at the top of the door jingled softly. I quickly spotted Makayla sitting at a table in the back, her eyes glued to the screen of her iPhone. I quickly waved and got in line. As I waited in the line I saw a cute guy cleaning of a table in the front. I looked for his name tag, it read Harry. His name suited him. He had lots of curly brown hair and piercing green eyes. His eyes reminded me of my ex-boyfriends eyes. He had been cheating on me and I just found out recently. I left him and told him to never call me again. He had some nerve cheating on me. I loved him and he had told me that he loved me back. I was still fragile from the horrible breakup, but makayla was always there if i needed to talk. I snapped out of my thoughts when I realized that I had reached the front of the line. Harry was now taking orders. “Hi there! What can I get you?” he asked me. I noticed his heavy british accent right away. “ I’ll have a vanilla frappuccino with caramel on top please!” I said smiling. “Of course, I’ll be right back with that for you.” I smiled at him as he walked off. He was pretty cute.

After Harry came back with my drink, I paid and went over to where Makayla was sitting. “Hey Makayla!” I greeted her. We started talking about school. We had both r graduated from high school this past summer, and we are both going to the same college. When Makayla was in the middle of telling me which classes she had decided to take for her second term, I interrupted her. “There is something I need to tell you.” I told her. “ What’s wrong?” she asked me with a frown. “It’s James. He cheated on me.” I finally answered. “I’m so sorry! You were together for over a year! What a jerk!” Makayla responded. “I think you need to move on, Kathryn, you can’t spend more time being upset about James. He is not worth you time.” Makayla continued. I nodded and noticed her looking around. “Oooh! How about that guy over there!” She pointed to Harry. I blushed. “He is pretty cute!” She smiled and said “GO TALK TO HIM!” and then pushed me in his direction. I started walking towards his when suddenly the power went out. I tripped on a chair leg that was sticking out in front of me. I lose my footing and prepared myself to fall to the ground, but instead I landed into something soft.

I looked up and realized I was in Harry’s arms. I blushed a bright red, hopefully he couldn’t tell as the power had gone out and it was pretty dark. “I am so sorry!” I said as I realized I spilt my drink all over him when I had tripped. I grabbed some napkins off a nearby table, and tried to fry his shirt. “Don’t worry about it” he said as he smiled at me. I noticed his dimples on both of his cheeks. He stuck out his hand “I’m Harry.”